About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. Candidate may sit anywhere in the United States.
Epic Resolute Hospital Billing or Professional Billing certified specialist experienced in working with Revenue Cycle operations teams and end users within organization and other outside parties as necessary to trouble shoot build issues, operational issues and other technical issues. This person is responsible to configure, test and deploy the Epic software according to decisions made by operational and technical SMEs. Participate in initiatives by gathering and analyzing information, preparing structured documentation, and presentations of findings and general troubleshooting as necessary. Complete assigned team tasks as documented in the work plan. Report status of task completion to assigned Team Lead. Provide timely alerts about endangered milestones and deliverables. Looking for people with Strong experience in Epic Resolute build and configuration. Also, expertise in some of the following areas such as Charge Router build, CDM, Extracts, Bed Charge Billing, Cost Center Assignment, General Ledger, Masterfile exports/imports, Chronicle searches, Reports and Dashboards. Expertise in Claims build, and ability to troubleshoot issues related master files such as EPP, EPM, RMO's, FDF, CDF, Payer Plan Build etc. Knowledge on working on, Third party Claims Scrubbers, UB-04 (CMS-1450), CMS 1500. Knowledge of HSD settings, EAF, Remittance, Charge Capture, CDM Management, Contracts, Interfaces, Statements and Security is a plus.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyzes, develops, configures, tests and implements Epic Electronic Health Record (EHR) software and related analytics on time with minimal supervision.
- Performs system configuration functions using on-line architectural tools with minimal supervision.
- Prepares detailed program specifications and flowcharts, and coordinates the system's installation with the user department.
- Provides status reports to management when required.
- Attends meetings as required, and participates on committees as directed.
- Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solutions.
- Acts as user liaison between clinical or business departments and Information Systems; providing domain expertise and experience for multiple interacting healthcare departments.
- Works closely with operational stakeholders to properly engineer workflow.
- Leads others to adhere to established industry best practices, standards, and quality.
- Ability to create SQL to run reports in system
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees. Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Understands strategies, determines business needs, and participates in planning and implementing Epic.
- Works effectively in a high-paced environment.
- Applies knowledge of workflows to implement a system that meets business needs.
- Provides excellent service to both internal and external customers.
- Identifies problem situations and consider all perspectives in terms of scope and consequences.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively facilitate interdisciplinary teams as assigned.
- Works independently, handle significant responsibility, and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Attends to detail required.
- Demonstrates flexibility, creativity, curiosity, and assertiveness.
- Demonstrates ability to stay organized.
- Demonstrates creativity, integrity, and initiative.
- Communicates effectively with others using a variety of modes and in a complex and varied work environment.
- Promotes the effectiveness of the team as both team leader and team member.
- Helps the organization fulfill its mission and achieve its strategic objective by using critical thinking and problem solving.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirement
- 5+ years healthcare experience in a Revenue Cycle Systems Analyst role
- Certification in Epic Resolute Hospital Billing or Professional Billing or equivalent for consideration
- For internal COH candidates, Epic certification shall be obtained within 9 months of transferring into the Epic project.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and very good knowledge in SQL language
- Epic resolute Hospital Billing Claims and Remittances or HB Reimbursement Contracts or Revenue Integrity or PB Claims and Remittances are plus to have
- 5+ years of healthcare Information Technology experience
- Healthcare experience in other acute care settings preferred as well. Previous experience in the design, planning and implementation of billing information systems preferred.
There is 2 Openings for this Role.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-CL
Information Technology Technical Associate (Senior Analyst Access & Revenue Systems Epic) (Job Id #144143), University of Illinois, United States, 14 days ago
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications 1. Any combination totaling two years from the following categories: a) progressively more responsible work experience in IT-related profession b) college course ...
It Epic Beacon/Ambulatory Systems Analyst Uc Health Business Center Is&T , UC Health, United States, about 2 hours ago
IT Epic Beacon/Ambulatory Systems Analyst - UC Health Business Center - IS&T ( Job Number: 065438) Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collabo...
Hr Solution Designer, Talent Boost Activities, University of Oulu, Findland, about 9 hours ago
We at the University of Oulu work as part of the international science community to produce new scientific information and science-based solutions. We are committed to educate future pioneers to b...
Application Manager, Hult, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
The Opportunity As an Application Manager you will join the fast-moving Hult Miami team, you will be responsible for contacting and advising our candidates based in Latin America, as well as promo...
Solution Designer, Talent Boost Activities, Topik, University of Oulu, Findland, about 9 hours ago
The North changes the world – we at the University of Oulu work as part of the international science community to produce new scientific information and science-based solutions. We are committed t...
Tenure Track: Wasp Ai Assistant Professor In Statistical Learning, Umeå University, Sweden, about 6 hours ago
The Department of Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics at Umeå University, Sweden, invites applications for a tenure-track position in statistical learning. We especially welcome applicants who...