This competition is open to all applicants, however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority consideration before external candidates.
This position is part-time and for 4 months. The hourly rate will be based on experience and skill set.
Working under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (Dr. Carla Hilario, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Nursing), the Research Coordinator will support the administration of multiple research projects related to health equity and adolescent health. Activities include: grant administration, completing ethics applications, managing timelines and budgets, coordinating study activities, youth engagement, and communicating with research stakeholders. The Research Coordinator will facilitate communication between team members, manage/coordinate the day-to-day operations of the projects, and manage the overall milestones and study targets to ensure completion of the research projects.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of research standards (e.g., REB requirements) and qualitative (e.g., interviews, focus groups) and quantitative (e.g., survey development, evidence synthesis) research.
- Oversee grant administration, including grant application processes, data sharing agreements, sub-grants, and progress reporting.
- Assist the PI in the preparation of research grant applications as required.
- Assist the PI with managing study budgets, including reconciling research accounts, preparing expense claims and invoices for payment.
- Prepare progress reports and final reports for research funding agencies.
- Coordinate research program meetings and foster communications with the research team, project stakeholders, and youth research collaborators.
- Oversee workplans and timelines.
- Coordinate workplans among the project staff, trainees, and students.
- Track milestones and timelines throughout the life cycle of research projects and develops necessary changes to ensure milestones are met.
- Oversee research data management, team equipment and space.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the PI’s research databases and servers to ensure compliance with University of Alberta procedures and the Tri-Agency Statement of Principles on Data Management.
- Manage research software and hardware according to University of Alberta Security Policy & Standards.
- Other related duties as may be required.
- Manage the conduct of multiple research protocols and implementation of study protocols and procedures under the direction of the PI.
- Prepare ethics applications, renewals and amendments, and ensure that research processes and procedures are compliant with research protocol(s), funding agency requirements, and institutional ethics boards.
- Conduct informal training sessions for project staff and students related to data management and analyses, including basic statistics and data collection.
- Actively participate in research activities, including data collection, entry, and analysis.
- Communicate with project stakeholders, both written and verbal.
- Support knowledge dissemination activities, including preparing manuscripts, reports, summaries, webinars, and oral presentations.
- Minimum Master’s Degree in a health, social sciences, or related discipline required; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- More than 2 years of research coordination or project management experience including working with confidential data, grant administration and budgeting
- Knowledge of University of Alberta ARISE, PeopleSoft, and eTRAC systems preferred
- Experience supervising Research Assistants
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task and address multiple simultaneous priorities in an effective, efficient manner
- Training in Indigenous health research principles, or willingness to undertake such training
- Knowledge/experience in public health preferred
- Computer proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel are required; proficiency in SPSS and NVivo are an asset
- Expertise with qualitative or quantitative research is an asset
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Project Manager, McGill University, Canada, 22 days ago
Position Summary: Project overview The Bensadoun School of Retail Management is embarking on an important initiative, funded in large part by the Quebec Ministry of Economy and Innovation. The pro...
Research Accountant, Konnektable Technologies Ltd, Ireland, 26 days ago
Job overview The role of the Research Accountant is to manage the financial and administrative aspects of grants projects (funded under the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe fr...
Part Time Project Administrator Position For The Erc Research Project ‘Women Travelling To Seek..., Universitat de Barcelona, Spain, 25 days ago
Summary: This is a 6 months (renewable) part-time Project Administrator role: working closely with the Principal Investigator, Dr. Silvia De Zordo (Universitat de Barcelona – Dept. of Anthropology...
Associate Director, Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (Tlg) Program, Grant Position, American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 12 hours ago
Reports to: Senior Director, Tomorrow’s Leaders (TL) Programs Purpose: The TLG is a five-year project for a total of 19 international graduate students. Each student will be working on a pre-ap...
Clinical Research Coordinator, Intervention Study (Psychiatry) (Job Id #145290), University of Illinois, United States, 5 days ago
Job Knowledge & Skills, Education, Experience: Bachelor’s degree in psychology or social work required, Master’s degree preferred. At least one year experience in a research discipline involving c...
Subaward And Contract Administrator, Washington State University, Worldwide, 20 days ago
Title: 1138-YN - Coordinator Business Title: Subaward and Contract Administrator Location: Employee Type: Admin. Professional Job Family: Administrative Professional - OT Eligible Position Details...