Would you like to learn more about moving your academic career to University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC)? If so, register for our Careers in China webinar mini-series for a chance to meet representatives from UESTC and discuss the latest opportunities there.
About University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC) is one of the Chinese National Key Universities in the 985 project (corresponding to elite universities or excellence clusters in Western countries such as Ivy League in the United States) with massive funding and direct support from the Ministry of Education. It is best known as the top-ranking Chinese University in electronics and communication but also has increasing strengths and investment in a number of other key disciplines including: Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics, Medicine (including a medical school), Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering, Business and Economics. UESTC was ranked in the world’s top 200 universities, according to the latest Academic Rankings of World Universities (ARWU).
About School of Life Science and Technology
Established in 2001, School of Life Science and Technology (SLST) is carrying out fundamental and cutting-edge research in Biomedical Engineering, Biology and Psychology, and making a significant contribution to the international innovation system. “Biomedical Engineering” was ranked 10th nationally in the 2012 China Discipline Ranking (CDR), and B+ (in the 8-14 band) in the 2017 CDR, on a par with other renown institutions such as Peking University and Fudan University. In the latest Best Chinese Subjects Rankings published by Shanghai Ranking Consultancy in 2019, “Biomedical Engineering” was ranked 4th in China; “Biology” and “Psychology” were also among the best subjects. Based on the Essential Science Indicators (ESI) published by Clarivate Analytics, “Neuroscience and Behavior” is on the global top 7.105‰, and “Biology and Biochemistry” is on the global top 7.37‰.
With a beautiful campus and excellent facilities, SLST provides a stimulating and fulfilling work environment, and aspires to attract world-class academics who will bring new ideas and perspectives and exhibit the potential for academic leadership. It is now seeking to appoint several faculty positions in all ranks.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates with research interests in all mainstream fields of life science and technology will be considered, including but not limited to:
- Biomedical Engineering: Medical Imaging and Medical Physics
- Candidates should have demonstrated excellence in research and a strong commitment to teaching. A doctoral degree is required at the time of appointment. Candidates for senior positions must have an established record of research with an international standing.
- UESTC offers internationally competitive salaries and research start-up funding, fringe benefits including settling-up allowance and housing subsidies, which are among the best in China. Salary and rank will commensurate with qualifications and experience. Contracts are renewable upon performance.
- To apply, please send detailed curriculum vitae, five representative publications over the last five years, description of research interests, and statement on teaching to email@example.com .
- Candidates should also arrange for at least three letters of recommendation sent directly to the above email account.
- The search will continue until the positions are filled.
Study Of Somatosensory Function In Monogenic Mouse Models Of Autism, Università degli Studi di Trento, Italy, 27 days ago
a)A PhD in Biology, Biotechnology, Physiology, Neurobiology, Neuroscience or related discipline is requested, awarded by an Italian university or a foreign one. Also admitted candidates who declar...
Assistant Professor In China Europe Relations, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 4 days ago
What do we require of you? You are a dynamic and ambitious researcher with a strong profile, demonstrable by international publications and an international academic network. Your publications sho...
Professor In Computer Science, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. This award winning campus offering a UK s...
Teacher Of English For Academic Purposes, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Job Title Four full-time Teachers of English for Academic Purposes (EAP) at NUIST-Reading Academy / College of Liberal Arts Description Applications are invited for four full time posts of Teacher...
Quan Pfa, Tsung-Dao Lee Institute, United States, about 24 hours ago
Fellowship ID:SJTU -Tsung-Dao Lee Institute -QUAN_PFA [#17282] Fellowship Title: Postdoctoral Fellowship in Quantum Physics at the Tsung-Dao Lee Institute (Shanghai) Fellowship Type:Postdoctoral ...
Assistant Professor In Product Design And Manufacture, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign University to open its doors in China. This award winning campus offering a UK s...