The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees (www.cyi.ac.cy ). Research at the Cyprus Institute is conducted through its four interdisciplinary research centers: the Energy Environment Water Research Center (EEWRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Center (STARC), the Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CaSToRC) and the Climate and Atmosphere Research Center (CARE-C). Its educational activities are pursued through its Graduate School.
Reporting to the CyI President, the Provost will be responsible for implementing and furthering the Institute's overall research and educational agenda. The selected candidate will be awarded a tenured Professorship at CyI.
The selected candidate will be located in Cyprus and offered an internationally attractive salary and benefits package, commensurate to his/her high degree of responsibility and qualification.
She/he will be expected to:
(i) Support the President of the Institute in developing alliances with peer Institutions and business and government entities, which can lead to increased opportunities for the Institute;
(ii) oversee and coordinate the Institute’s research and educational activities, and promote internal research opportunities and identify national and international opportunities for the Institute;
(iii) recommend research- and education-related policies and practices to the Institute’s leadership;
(iv) support the President in initiating technology transfer and economic development activities; and
(v) undertake tasks and initiatives in relation to her/his Professorship appointment
Duties and Responsibilities
In detail, the overall objectives, duties and responsibilities of the Provost are the following:
- To promote the development of CyI as a state-of-the-art research and educational institution
- To develop CyI’s research and education strategy within the strategic and policy guidelines set down by the Institute’s Board
- To lead and enable research and educational initiatives and activities
- To recruit and to recommend staffing strategies for the Institute’s research and education divisions including performance management, development and motivation of the Institute’s research and academic staff members
- To coordinate the Research Strategy of the Institute’s Centers in collaboration with the Center Directors
- To coordinate the development of the research budget of the Institute
- To establish and maintain links with and between CyI’s research sponsors
- To oversee and support the research and technical support services in coordinating, identifying and pursuing research funding sources.
Assistant Professor /Lecturer , Cyprus University of Technology ;, Cyprus, 25 days ago
CYPRUS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY - ANNOUNCEMENT OF ACADEMIC POSITIONS Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill the following academic posit...
Coordinator Of Valorisation , Orpheus Instituut ;, Belgium, 2 days ago
The Orpheus Institute, centre for advanced studies and research in music, is currently seeking to appoint a full-time Coordinator of Valorisation to lead the new Valorisation Unit. The new Valoris...
Human Resources Officer, Institute of Photonic Sciences, Luxembourg, about 12 hours ago
ICFO is a research center located in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the metropolitan area of Barcelona, and currently hosts 400+ people, including researchers, PhD students and staff personn...
Program & Governance Lead, University of Alberta, Canada, 12 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Senior Grant And Project Manager, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
Apply now The Institute of Security and Global Affairs (ISGA) of the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs is inviting applications for the position of a Senior Grant and Project Manager Projec...
Tenure Track Position Assistant Professor In Environmental Economics, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU), Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
The ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. We strive to be a university where personal devel...