OFFER DEADLINE: 25/06/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMME: HORIZON EUROPE/ Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
LOCATION: Czech Republic, Pardubice
ORGANISATION/COMPANY: University of Pardubice
DEPARTMENT: Physical Chemistry
Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Pardubice welcomes expressions of interest by postdoctoral researchers who wish to apply for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Posdoctoral Fellowship (MSCA –PF) in the area of:
Advanced molecular sieves for adsorption separation
The research will focus on detailed characterization of structure and adsorption properties of advanced zeolitic materials with nanoscale architecture. The project aims at better understanding the zeolite lattice flexibility and impact of nominal crystallographic pore aperture size on adsorption and diffusion of molecules and the use of these phenomena in adsorptive kinetic separation.
We are looking for experimental chemist experienced with zeolitic materials, their characterization and study of adsorption phenomena, although candidates with related backgrounds in other porous materials, their synthesis, structure characterization and catalysis are encouraged to apply.
Highly motivated candidates with degrees in chemistry or material science, with good communication skills, who can work with a team working in the field of zeolite chemistry is welcome.
The laboratories of prof. Bulánek`s group is fully equipped for the purpose of intended project. The following equipment is available:
- Four automatic volumetric apparatus for measurement of adsorption isotherms and texture of solids (2 x ASAP 2020, Tristar 3020, Gemini (Micromeritics)),
- Precise gravimetric adsorption apparatus (MK5 CI Precision, UK),
- Tian-Calvet low temperature isothermal microcalorimeter BT 2.15 (Setaram) connected to the volumetric adsorption line for study of adsorption energetics,
- FTIR spectrometer Nicolet 6700 and iS50 (Nicolet) with high-temperature flow-through cells from Linkam and AABSpec companies, several purpose-made static vacuum cells for investigation of adsorption complexes, diffuse-reflectance high temperature vacuum and through-flow cell, FTIR Antaris gas analyzer,
- DXR SmartRaman spectrometer and microscope (Thermo Scientific) with high-temperature cell CCR1000 (Linkam) and purpose made cells for study of material structures,
- Zero-length column and break-through set-ups equipped by mass spectrometers OmniStar GSD 300 and OmniStar GSD 320 (Pfeiffer vacuum) for study of diffusion and co-adsorptions of probe molecules in porous materials,
- Two temperature programmed desorption-reduction apparatuses (Autochem 2910, Micromeritics) with on-line connection to mass spectrometers OmniStar GSD 300 and OmniStar GSD 320 (Pfeiffer vacuum),
- Four flow-through microreactors and one automatic Microactivity Effi PID catalytic unit with on-line product analysis (gas chromatographs Agilents 7890A with FID and TCD detectors),
- Fully equipped laboratory for synthesis of materials (autoclaves, ovens, treatment lines, centrifuges etc.),
- Devices for solid materials characterization such as X-ray photoelectron spectrometer (XPS, ESCA2SR, Scienta Omicron), X-ray powder diffractometer D8 Advance (Bruker), SEM JSM7500F microscope (JEOL) and Lyra 3 (Tescan) equipped by EDX analyzer AZtec X-Max 20 (Oxford Instruments) and others.
Formal requirements for the applicants at the date of the call deadline (September 15, 2021):
- to hold a doctoral degree (PhD)
- up to 8 years research experience after Ph.D.
- not resided or carried their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Czech Republic for more than 12 in the 36 months before call deadline
- to submit only one proposal to the MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships call
- to fulfill the eligible criteria according to the 2021 MSCA Postdoctoral fellowship call
How to apply?
- Submit your expression of interest via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and please attach:
- Motivation letter
- Outline of a project proposal suggestion within the aforementioned area including a description of your current scientific work, a research program proposal as well as expected results (up to 2 pages)
- Deadline for submissions: June 25, 2021
- The result (positive or negative) will be communicated to the applicants no later than July 2, 2021
Selected applicants of any nationality will jointly prepare the research proposal with the University of Pardubice (hosting institution) and supervisor - Professor Roman Bulánek – researcher in the field of Physical Chemistry and experienced with supervision of students and young researchers, educational activities, preparation and implementation of international projects and university/faculty management.
Description of Hosting Institution
University of Pardubice (UPa) is the public higher education institution in the Czech Republic and its origins are closely tied to the chemical specialization of the Pardubice Region. UPa consists of seven faculties (Chemical Technology, Economics and Administration, Transport Engineering, Restoration, Arts and Philosophy, Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Health Studies). University is renowned for its numerous scientific and research activities, in which it has been ranked among the top ten higher education institutions in the Czech Republic. According to the QS Global World Ranking, it is an institution with very high research output (number of research output relative to the university´s size). University works closely with industry, companies and government institutions, is open to the world and annually welcomes hundreds of international students and young scientists.
Faculty of Chemical Technology is the oldest faculty of the University of Pardubice, that it is composed of 13 departments/institutes and one research center. Faculty has experience with the implementation of HORIZON 2020 projects. Faculty develops teaching and research in the field of chemistry, chemical technology and biology as well as in materials engineering or nanotechnologies.
For further information, visit the following webpages:
University of Pardubice: University of Pardubice (upce.cz)
Faculty of Chemical Technology: Faculty of Chemical Technology (upce.cz)
Department of Physical Chemistry: Department of Physical Chemistry | Faculty of Chemical Technology (upce.cz)
Professor Roman Bulánek: prof. Ing. Roman Bulánek, Ph.D. | University of Pardubice (upce.cz)
Postdoctoral Position: Metal Organic Framework Synthesis And Adsorption Studies, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 2 days ago
We are looking for a motivated postdoctoral research fellow to combine the following topics: (i) Synthesis of metal-organic framework materials, both as powders and thin films. This part of the wo...
Research Fellow, Chemical And Biomolecular Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Job Description Design and synthesis of organic compounds. Design and synthesis of nanoparticles for biomedical applications. Characterization of nanomaterials. Conduct cell and bacteria experimen...
Postdoc On Fundamental Understanding Of Electrolytic H2 Evolution In Alkaline Environment, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 12 hours ago
We seek a 2-year Postdoc to carry out research on the fundamental understanding of the H2 evolution reaction (HER) in alkaline environment (AE) by means of in-operando X-ray Photoelectron/Absorpti...
Postdoc Position In Metabolomics And Proteomics Biomarker´S Discovery , Masaryk University, Czech, about 19 hours ago
The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, announces an open competition for the Postdoc Position in Metabolomics and Proteomics Biomarker’s Discovery Workplace: RECETOX, Faculty of...
Postdoctoral Researcher (3 Years) For Analyzing Intermediates Of Reactions And Isomers In Catalysis Engineering With Advanced Ion Mass Spectrometry, University of Oulu, Findland, about 16 hours ago
We, at the University of Oulu, work as part of the international science community to produce new scientific information and science-based solutions. We are committed to educate future pioneers to...
Researcher Position In Metabolomics, Proteomics And Biomarker Discovery, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
DepartmentRECETOX – Faculty of Science Deadline 30 Jun 2021 Start date upon agreement E-APPLICATION The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, announces an open competition for the...