At the Department of Communication and Psychology, the Faculty of Humanities, Aalborg University, a position as an Associate Professor will be open for appointment as of August 1st 2021. The position will complement and extend the existing expertise within Clinical Psychology
The selected candidate will conduct research and teaching within at least one of the following areas:
- Eating disorders (assessment, diagnosis and treatment) in children and adolescents Autism spectrum
- disorders in children and adolescents
- Clinical Psychology in Hospital Psychiatry
- Clinical supervision
It is preferred that the applicant is a licensed psychologist with clinical experience from the psychiatric field
The appointment will be for an indefinite period and is a 10% position that equals 3.7 hours per week, which will include both research and teaching activities.
During the employment as an Associate professor in Clinical Psychology, the selected candidate will be expected to:
- Deliver high quality teaching, supervision, and associated examination, as required across the range of modules offered on the bachelor and master programme in Psychology within areas such as: clinical psychology, psychiatry and research method
- Undertake research and publish research output of an internationally recognized quality
- Engage in external research networks and collaborations
- Engage in knowledge collaboration within the portfolio of the position
- Participate positively and constructively in the day-to-day activities of the Department of Communication and Psychology.
In terms of research, the position includes research at international level and applicants are expected to have research experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Eating disorders
- Psychiatric research and method
- Autism spectrum disorders in children and adolescents
In relation to research, applicants should document:
- Experience, skills and achievements that demonstrate the ability or potential to produce high quality research outputs and publish in international journals
- A personal research plan which is consistent with the Department of Communication and Psychology research strategy and demonstrates the potential to develop new research projects
- Experience, skills and achievements that demonstrate the ability or potential to develop external and/or international networks and collaborations
- Experience, skills and achievements that demonstrate the ability or potential to engage in activities with actors outside academia to enhance the impact of research
- Experience with external funding is an advantage but not a prerequisite
In relation to teaching, applicants should document:
- Experience, skills and achievements that demonstrate the ability or potential to deliver high quality teaching, using a range of pedagogical approaches including problem based learning, project supervision, group work, interactive seminars and lectures
- Ability to teach, supervise, and assess written and oral performances in Danish.
- Aalborg University works with a problem-based learning approach (PBL) and documented experience with this learning approach will be welcome but is not a prerequisite
In relation to general competences, applicants should also:
- Document experience, skills or achievements which demonstrate the ability or potential to work collaboratively with colleagues, participate fully in the day-to-day activities of the Department and research group, and encourage foster a positive and collegial working environment
- Demonstrate great written and oral communication skills
The positions will primarily be attached to the knowledge group QS (Qualitative Studies), which focuses its research on the following main themes:
- The development of qualitative research methods
- Studies of creativity
- Cultures and life forms
- Educational psychology
- Clinical psychology
- Social and personality psychology
- Management and organizations
- Theoretical psychology
An appointment as associate professor is a permanent appointment which includes an obligation to carry out research and teaching activities. To some extent, additional tasks may be defined by the University.
Applicants for the associate professorship are required to possess research qualifications at such a level as can be attained through the successful completion of a term of employment as assistant professor, researcher, postdoc or other similar positions. Applicants must document research at an international level. In addition, applicants are assumed to have received supervision and pedagogical skills development and to have obtained a positive written assessment of their teaching qualifications.
The application must contain the following:
- Your CV
- A complete publication list specifying publication types (monographs, co-authored publications, journals, etc.). All attached publications to be taken into consideration in connection with the assessment must be clearly indicated in the list. No more than ten publications may be attached.
- In case you attach joint publications, a co-author statement must be enclosed specifying your contribution to the joint work. The co-author statement must be signed by at least one of the co-authors Template co-author declaration
- Documentation of your teaching qualifications Guidance Teaching portfolio
- Copies of your degree certificates (including Master’s and PhD certificates)
Applicants will be assessed by an expert assessment committee. Applicants may subsequently be invited to an interview and/or asked to give a trial lecture.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
Shortlisting will be applied. This means that subsequent to the deadline for applications the head of department supported by the chair of the assessment committee will select candidates for assessment. All applicants will be informed whether they will be assessed or not. The selected applicants will be informed of the composition of the assessment committee, and each applicant will have the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that applies to the applicant in question. When the employment process has been terminated, a final rejection will be sent to the applicants who are not considered for the position.
Expectations in connection with employment as academic staff.
Any enquiries about the position may be addressed to Head of Department Mikael Vetner mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: +45 9940 7263 or Head of Knowlegde resource group Svend Brinkmann mail: email@example.com or Phone: +45 5056 4162
Any enquiries relating to the application procedure should be addressed to Human Resources on email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your application including attachments must be sent electronically by clicking the “Apply online” link below. The application must be written in English.
Employment will be in accordance with the stipulations of the Danish Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (The Appointment Order), and the Danish Ministry of Finance's current circular on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and remuneration will be in accordance with the collective agreements for academics employed by the Danish state. The first 3 months of your employment is a trial period.
Research Specialist Social Sciences (Psychiatry) (Job Id #149229), University of Illinois, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Knowledge & Skills, Education, Experience Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field required. Master’s degree in social science preferred. A minimum of 3 years related research expe...
Lecturer In Behavioural Psychology , University of Waikato ;, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Te Kura Whatu Oho Mauri, School of Psychology Te Wānanga o Ngā Kete, Division of Arts, Law, Psychology and Social Sciences Ko wai mātou? - Who are we? The School of Psychology offers a range of sp...
Assistant Lecturer In Psychology, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
This is an exciting time to join Coventry University and the School of Psychological, Social and Behavioural Sciences. With a University Gold TEF rating, ranking 2nd in the UK for Teaching Excell...
Assistant Professor Digital Assessment And Learning Analytics, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, about 4 hours ago
Assessment is one of the most important and rapidly changing fields in digital education. Research into data driven user modelling, adaptive systems and personalized assessment build on recent dev...
Assistant Professor Of Social Psychology With A Specific Focus On Self Regulation (0.8 1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 1 day ago
The Department of Social, Health and Organizational Psychology has a job opening for an Assistant Professor of Social Psychology with a specific focus on self-regulation. The position is embedded ...
Assistant Professor Of Social Psychology With A Specific Focus On Self Regulation (0.8 1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
Assistant Professor of Social Psychology with a specific focus on self-regulation (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) Job description The Department of Social, Health and Organizational Psychology has a job opening f...