You will build the next generation of Industrial IoT technology and guide the leading Flemish manufacturing companies towards Industry 4.0 innovations.
Production lines are becoming ever ‘smarter’. For example, machine configuration settings and operator instructions are automatically geared to one another using quality measurement systems, e.g. to reduce production downtime.
Flanders Make builds prototype production systems of the future in which intelligent information systems and robots collect and interpret huge amounts of data. We demonstrate to companies the increasing opportunities offered by digitally interconnected work cells in which technology supports operators with self-learning systems and dynamic instructions. We are doing this more and more in our own Industrial IoT Infrastructure, which we are gradually expanding.
As an Industrial IoT Software Research Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate in a research team with expertise in software development, modelling & simulation, algorithms, concept designs, system architectures, cloud & edge computing, big data architectures and digital twins;
- Work on intelligent network systems to interconnect machines, robots, AGVs and operators in the production environment;
- Use software to connect edge, cloud and industrial or experimental installations;
- Ensure the connection of structured or unstructured data flows from subsystems to a planning system.
More specifically, you will:
- Create software prototypes that demonstrate the feasibility and value of smart manufacturing functions to manufacturing companies. For this, you will efficiently merge multiple state-of-the-art Industrial IoT technologies (edge and cloud (PaaS/SaaS/IaaS) databases, ETL solutions, container technology, data analytics, protocols such as MQTT, OPC/UA, etc.).
- Study new methods of connecting production systems to AI algorithms (within a cloud or edge environment);
- Enable the connection between IT platforms MES (Manufacturing Execution System) / ERP / MOM / LIMS / PLM, etc. To this end, invent, develop, program and realize innovative extensions to MES systems and the associated software architectures. You also take into account data inflow from other relevant data sources (operator input, measurements, public data,…);
- Incorporate your developments in practical applications and test the software on a functional demonstrator – prototype assembly cell;
- Trace and present industrial challenges and new research opportunities within the scope of the Industrial IoT for production environments.
Dtu Tenure Track Assistant Professor Or Associate Professor In Cyber Physical Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 6 hours ago
At the Section for Embedded Systems Engineering (ESE) at DTU Compute we have a vacant position as Tenure Track Assistant / Associate Professors in Cyber-Physical Systems with an emphasis on emergi...
Data Manager & Steward / Cloud Data Manager , EMBL, Worldwide, about 22 hours ago
About this position EMBL is seeking a Data Steward to join Dr. Jan Korbel's group in the Genome Biology Unit and to actively participate in a portfolio of exciting projects, including the EU 1+ Mi...
Gmp Technical Specialist , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 3 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 80%-100%, Basel, permanent The ETH GMP Plat...
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor In Cybersecurity And Dependability 2021, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Faculty Positions: Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Science and Engineering Division (faculty) Location KAUST, Thuwal Deadline Apr 8, 2021 ...
Laboratory Technician (50%), VIB, Belgium, about 20 hours ago
Join our team as a laboratory technician The Weckhuysen Team is an international team of researchers belonging to the Applied & Translational Neurogenomics Group at the VIB-UAntwerp Center for Mo...
Research Technician With Expertise In Cell Culture , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 3 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 50%, Zurich, fixed-term The Institute of Mo...