You create a Centre of Excellence in the cluster Flexible Assembly for ‘production in manufacturing’ innovations. You translate strategic choices into a research roadmap and a balanced research portfolio. You inspire and lead managers of R&D teams at the universities and Flanders Make VZW, and within a consortium of companies.
Flanders Make performs technological research into Industry 4.0 production systems. Human-robot collaboration, self-adaptable work cells and operator support are some of the important items on the agenda. In general, production environments should be able to make customised products at the cost of series production.
Within the research cluster, current and future research capabilities of Flanders Make are developed and linked to the research needs of manufacturing companies with production/assembly activities. This exercise in connecting the needs of today and tomorrow with innovation and research capabilities is crucial for making impact on the companies and the manufacturing industry as a whole.
For this, you will:
- Build a clear collective research ambition within a complex landscape of stakeholders and translate this ambitious plan into a research roadmap, in close cooperation with the CTO, and further into a balanced portfolio of research & innovation projects for execution, under the supervision of the COO;
- Coach, inspire and manage R&D teams at the universities and within Flanders Make vzw;
- Realise the research roadmaps through the definition and successful execution of projects;
- Build a close relationship with a consortium of companies and their representatives working on production process optimisations; you will deduce the research challenges from the industrial reality;
- Accelerate and ‘excelerate’ on technology and methodology developments to become a leading entity for industrial production related research and innovation, and for becoming a solid partner for companies to assist in building lead factories;
- Contribute to the future development of the research centre, specifically within the ‘production in manufacturing’ domain;
- Contribute to future architecture developments and validation of them for production environments;
- Work closely together with the three other cluster managers and with the COO, CTO and CVO to establish synergies between the clusters.
Senior Academic Staff Neurophysiology And Behaviour, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 15 hours ago
Department: Department of Biomedical Sciences Regime Part-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We off...
Junior Ai Researcher For The Centre For R&D Monitoring (Ecoom), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 7 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-288) Laatst aangepast : 13/04/2021 The Centre for R&D Monitoring (ECOOM) is an interuniversity consortium of which one division is housed within the Faculty of Economics and Busines...
Senior Academic Staff Environmental Chemistry And Ecotoxicology, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 15 hours ago
Department: Department of Biology Regime Part-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innova...
Senior Academic Staff In The Field Of Digital Media And Strategic Communication, University of Antwerp, Belgium, about 15 hours ago
Department: Department of Communication Studies Regime Full-time The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more t...
Lecturer In Film Production, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
Lecturer in Film Production Faculty of Arts & Humanities (FAH) £33,806.00 to £42,800.00 per annum As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an exce...
Assistant Professor (Academic) In Music/Popular Music, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
Assistant Professor (Academic) in Music/Popular Music Faculty of Arts & Humanities (FAH) £40,329.00 to £57,430.00 per annum As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive ...