Established in 1946, the American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the world's largest behavioral and social science research and evaluation organizations. Our mission is to generate and use rigorous evidence that contributes to a better, more equitable world. AIR works with federal, state, and local government agencies, philanthropies and other organizations to conduct research and evaluation and provide technical assistance in the areas of education, health and workforce development, in the U.S. and abroad.
AIR’s International Development Division (IDD) strives to improve the quality of life in developing countries by using rigorous research and evaluation to enhance education and social development. We work across a wide range of topics including workforce development, agriculture/food/nutrition, early childhood development, education, refugees and migration, social protection, water/sanitation/infrastructure, and women's empowerment in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe, Central and Latin America as well as the Middle East. The IDD generates policy-relevant evidence through rigorous monitoring, evaluations, and research; helps improve program design through continuous learning and adaptation; and works with local organizations and governments to build sustainable solutions based on evidence.
AIR is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for a USAID-funded education and resilience project in Haiti. This activity will address the education needs of learners aged 5 to 18 years, focusing on the resilience focus zones. The project seeks to incorporate new, innovative solutions on how to improve equitable access to quality education, including ensuring the continuity of learning for all children in Haiti, by reinforcing the resilience of the education at the learner, school, institution, and institution levels.
The COP will serve as the chief contact with USAID/Haiti, as well as with key government officials, other donors and implementers, private sector and civil society partners, program beneficiaries, and other stakeholders. The COP will also be responsible for providing technical and managerial leadership for the activity, deploying innovative solutions aimed at meeting USAID deliverables. They will further develop and maintain existing partnerships with local organizations, while also seeking out new connections and partnerships on behalf of the activity and will have full oversight and responsibility for the timeliness, effectiveness, and efficiency of program activity implementation.
The ideal COP candidate will be a seasoned manager who is interested in mentoring project staff and can coordinate closely with the home office, exercise strict control over the activity budget and financial management and will generally monitor all aspects of the project to better facilitate project learning and adaptation.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as education, international development, non-profit management with at least 12 years of relevant experience (or bachelor’s degree with 15 years of experience) in leading programs focused on education and youth development, with experience working in Haiti strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of supervising, designing, managing, and implementing complex USAID technical assistance activities.
- Expertise in education and youth development.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior government officials; education institutions and administrators; media, civil society, and private sector leaders; international donors; and other stakeholders.
- Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet project objectives in compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Prior experience as a senior leader or COP working on complex USAID-funded projects, as well as managing large USAID-funded contracts and budgets strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of maintaining strong oversight of finance and administration.
- Strong understanding of the Haiti context preferred.
- Strong representational and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English and French (required) and Creole preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) In Information Systems For Fair Ecosystem Design, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU), Netherlands, 29 days ago
Fair software ecosystems aim at networks of actors with environmental and societal goals, for example as stated in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations, rather than to pr...
Grants Financial Specialist, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 9 hours ago
Title: 143K-YN - Fiscal Analyst 3 Business Title: Grants Financial Specialist Location: Employee Type: Classified Job Family: Civil Service - OT Eligible Position Details: Summary of Duties: The G...
Director Of Administration And Operations Military Hiv Research Program, Henry M. Jackson Foundation, United States, 1 day ago
Description Join the HJF Team! HJF is seeking a Director of Administration and Operations to support activities based out of the US Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria. The incumbent is responsible for the ...
Chief Accounting Officer, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 5 days ago
Reports to: Associate Vice President for Finance and Chief Finance Officer Purpose: The chief Accounting officer report directly to the AVP for finance and CFO and responsible for all the accoun...
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) In Information Systems For Fair Ecosystem Design, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Are you a talented computer scientist? Do you aim to research the design of information systems for fair ecosystems? Then, please apply for this assistant professor (tenure track) position at Vrij...
Associate Professor Or Assistant Professor (Gamification), 4 Positions (# Of Pos: 4), Tampere University, Finland, 27 days ago
Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences create a unique environment for multidisciplinary, inspirational and high-impact research and education. Our universities community ha...