Established in 1946, the American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the world's largest behavioral and social science research and evaluation organizations. Our mission is to generate and use rigorous evidence that contributes to a better, more equitable world. AIR works with federal, state, and local government agencies, philanthropies and other organizations to conduct research and evaluation and provide technical assistance in the areas of education, health and workforce development, in the U.S. and abroad.
AIR’s International Development Division (IDD) strives to improve the quality of life in developing countries by using rigorous research and evaluation to enhance education and social development. We work across a wide range of topics including workforce development, agriculture/food/nutrition, early childhood development, education, refugees and migration, social protection, water/sanitation/infrastructure, and women's empowerment in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe, Central and Latin America as well as the Middle East. The IDD generates policy-relevant evidence through rigorous monitoring, evaluations, and research; helps improve program design through continuous learning and adaptation; and works with local organizations and governments to build sustainable solutions based on evidence.
AIR is seeking a Youth Development Specialist to work on a USAID-funded education and resilience project in Haiti. This activity will address the education needs of learners aged 5 to 18 years, focusing on the resilience focus zones. The project seeks to incorporate new, innovative solutions on how to improve equitable access to quality education, including ensuring the continuity of learning for all children in Haiti, by reinforcing the resilience of the education at the learner, school, institution, and institution levels.
- Develop and implement the project’s gender, and social inclusion approach and advise the project team on youth development strategies
- Ensure that project encourages youth leadership and experiential learning, as well as adult approachability.
- Support mainstreaming gender and youth considerations into technical assessments and analysis
- Develop and promote strategies to engage youth in service delivery and social accountability
- Coordinate with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist to develop and implement youth responsive MEL systems across project activities
- Ensure that youth are engaged in decision making, management, and leadership
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring of project staff and partners on youth integration and inclusion approaches
- Develop materials and process for specific areas as needed for the effective integration of youth in all major project areas
- Provide oversight to all partners on youth programming, technical and vocational work and other efforts to engage out-of-school youth
- A bachelor’s degree in education, social sciences, economic development or related field
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience in mainstreaming youth initiatives/programs within national, sub-national, and community-based organizations and networks
- Experience designing and facilitating trainings on youth issues and youth integration in local decision-making processes and techniques
- Experience working with technical and vocational programs
- Experience working with out-of-school youth populations
- Experience and understanding of the positive youth development approach
- Strong understanding of the Haitian context
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills focused on effective youth indicators and data collection considerations
- Capacity to be original and creative in strategies to integration youth considerations into program
- USAID experience preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken French and Creole (required), and English (preferred)
Haitian locals are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Research Officer/Assistant Research Officer, Department Of Psychiatry, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
Work type: Full-time Department: Department of Psychiatry (21500) Categories: Academic-related Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Research Officer (RO)/Assistant Research Officer (A...
Assistant Professor Interdisciplinary Social Science (Isw): Youth Studies (1.0 Fte, Tenured), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 10 days ago
You will be employed at the Department of Interdisciplinary Social Science of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences at Utrecht University. The position comprises teaching and research. Ca...
Extension Agent, Shelby County, 4 H Youth Development , University of Tennessee, United States, about 13 hours ago
Extension Agent, Shelby County, 4-H Youth Development - 21000000S4 Description Position X2117 Extension Agent, Shelby County Program Area 4-H Youth Development Clientele ...
Project Manager: Development And Effectiveness Of A Mobile Game To Help Youth Quit Smoking M/V, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
We are looking for a project manager and researcher to work on the KWF (Dutch Cancer Foundation) funded project “HitnRun: A mobile game to help youth quit smoking in a social peer context”. This p...
Assistant Professor Interdisciplinary Social Science (Isw): Youth Studies (1.0 Fte, Tenured), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Assistant Professor Interdisciplinary Social Science (ISW): Youth Studies (1.0 FTE, tenured) Job description You will be employed at the Department of Interdisciplinary Social Science of the Facul...
Education Extension Specialist – Youth Program Specialist, Iowa State University, United States, 18 days ago
Position Information: Position Title: Education Extension Specialist – Youth Program Specialist Job Group: Professional & Scientific Required Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree Special Requ...