Roles and Responsibilities
Applications are invited for the Post of Research Associate (RA) -1 for NATIONAL MISSION ON HIMALAYAN STUDIES (NMHS), MOEF&CC Funded Project in School of Electronics Engineering (SENSE) Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore – 632 014.
Project Title: “LANDSLIDE MONITORING USING INSAR/ DINSAR / SBAS / PSINSAR TIME SERIES OVER HIMALAYAN REGION”
Research Associate (RA):
- Ph.D. / M.D. / M.S. / M.D.S or equivalent degree in Science and Technology or
- B.Tech (ECE, EEE) or Physics and M.Tech/ M.E. / (Communication Engineering, Geoinformatics, Remote Sensing) having minimum 3 years of Research and development experience post PG (M.Tech).
- Knowledge advanced SAR processing algorithms such as PSInSAR, SBAS, and Multi aperture interferometry in Radar Signal Processing domain.
- SAR interferometry and Polarimetry
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Immediate joining is required if selected.
- Knowledge of Satellite Image Processing using ENVI/IDL
- Knowledge of SAR data processing software PolSARPro and Gamma
- Programming in IDL/C++/Matlab/R
- Microwave Radar System and Antennas.
Fellowship: Rs. 36,000 per month (Likely to be revised as per Govt. norms)
Principal Investigator: Dr. Vijay Kumar, School of Electronics Engineering, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, 632014, TamilNadu.
Send your resume along with relevant documents pertaining to the details of qualifications, experience and latest passport size photo etc. on or before (20/03/2021) through online http://careers.vit.ac.in
Salary: 4,00,000 - 4,50,000 P.A.
Industry: Education , Teaching , Training
Functional Area: Teaching , Education , Training , Counselling
Role Category: Other
Employment Type: Full Time, Temporary/Contractual
UG: B.Tech/B.E. in Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication
PG: M.Tech in Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication
Doctorate: Ph.D in Other Science
Vellore Institute of Technology
VIT was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis.The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe. Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students. The global standards set at VIT in the field of teaching and research spur us on in our relentless pursuit of excellence. In fact, it has become a way of life for us. The highly motivated youngsters on the campus are a constant source of pride. Our Memoranda of Understanding with various international universities are our major strength. They provide for an exchange of students and faculty and encourage joint research projects for the mutual benefit of these universities. Many of our students, who pursue their research projects in foreign universities, bring high quality to their work and esteem to India and have done us proud. With steady steps, we continue our march forward. We look forward to meeting you here at VIT.