Contract Type: Two-year initial contract, renewable on an annual basis thereafter
Based in Amman, Jordan, the Queen Rania Foundation for Education and Development (QRF) was established in 2013 by Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, with a mandate to improve student learning in Jordan on a national scale. Through research, program development and monitoring and impact evaluation, QRF is supporting efforts to improve educational policies and practices targeting literacy learning outcomes for children at the pre-primary and primary stages in Jordan.
We are seeking a candidate to serve as an Evaluation Fellow to work in our Amman office.
Specific functions of the Education Research Fellow will be to:
- Assume full day-to-day responsibility for managing specific research projects, conduct research, provide technical assistance for capacity development, and write content for publications, social media, and QRF’s website.
- Provide technical leadership to a Research Team (quantitative and qualitative specialists).
- Identify, and steward into use, the research insights that drive impact.
- Commission, or run, new primary and secondary research to fill key gaps in our understanding.
- Recruit, and support the skills development, of a high-performing team.
- Identify and build the partnerships needed to deliver on the Objectives and Key Results that you own. Plan Objectives and Key Results for subsequent years.
- Report on project progress, draft budgets and report to senior management
- Work closely and productively with other team members within the Research and Program Development department, and from other departments, particularly Communications, and Finance.
The candidate will hold a PhD in public policy, political science, education, sociology, psychology, economics or other relevant social science field with a strong education focus alongside proven education research experience. The candidate will have a solid understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods, with skills gained from graduate / post-graduate study and/or relevant work experience. The candidate will have ideally a minimum of 7 years of work experience in a relevant field.
Fluency in English is essential.
- Competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Annual leave
- Annual housing grant
- One off relocation grant
- One return airfare (economy) annually to country of origin
How to apply
For further information or to apply on-line please press the apply button.
Postgraduate Research Associate (Project Employment) / Reference Code 110, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna, Austria, 25 days ago
The Department of Water, Atmosphere and Environment, Institute of Soil Physics and Rural Water Management is currently seeking a Postgraduate Research Associate (project employment). Extent of emp...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Bioinorganic/ Coordination Chemistry, Dublin City University, Ireland, 20 days ago
Research Centre School of Chemical Sciences / National Centre for Sensor Research Post Title Postdoctoral Researcher in Bioinorganic/ Coordination Chemistry Level on Framework: Level 1 Post Durati...
Research Assistant For An Impact Assessment Project Of Cgiar Research Program On Livestock Agri Food Systems, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 13 days ago
Duties: We seek a Research Assistant (RA) for a new project carried out at the Food & Agricularual Economics Group to assess the impact of CGIAR Research Program on Livestock Agri-Food Systems (CR...
Post Doctoral Researcher Social Impact Research, FUNDACIÓ ESADE - UNIVERSITAT RAMON LLULL, Spain, 15 days ago
The Esade Center for Social Impact (ECSI) aims to develop research with rigor, reach and relevance on and for social impact. The key role of ECSI is to generate knowledge that improves the strateg...
Research Fellow In Work/Organizational/Industrial Research (50%), Prague University of Economics and Business, Czech, 7 days ago
Faculty of Business Administration (FBA) of the Prague University of Economics and Business is an EQUIS and AMBA accredited and Financial Times ranked business school located in the center of the ...
Post Doctoral Fellow/Senior Research Assistant, School Of Public Health, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Work type: Full-time Department: School of Public Health (22400) Categories: Academic-related Staff, Research Support Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Post-doctoral Fellow/Senior ...