Position Summary: General Education Program under the College of Humanities and Education is looking for applicants to the full-time faculty in Fine Arts position (for rank Senior Lecturer or Assistant Professor) for Academic Year 2021-2022 (with possibility of renewal). A new faculty member can teach Drawing, Painting, Arts and Visual Culture and Design Foundations and develop new offerings as well.
Main Purposes of the Post:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake teaching and related activities as allocated by the General Education Dean
- Manage courses and ensure full compliance with quality requirements;
- Contribute to curriculum development;
- Manage and coordinate activities of the art studio;
- Organize student art exhibitions;
- Lead and support the learning process by preparing learning materials and marking student scripts according to marking schemes provided and subject to appropriate monitoring procedures.
- Provide mentoring and academic support for students;
- Supervise examinations and other assessment duties as required by the Dean;
- Undertake consultancy and/or continuing professional development;
- Participate in continuous professional development;
- Carry out such related duties that may be allocated by the Dean.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Effective higher education teacher;
- Ability to manage the student learning experience;
- Potential to manage income generation activities;
- Potential to contribute to consultancy and/or pedagogic innovation and/or the development and implementation of advances in practice in their field.
- Effective interpersonal skills including communication (written and verbal) and team working skills;
- Ability to represent the department effectively;
- Competence in English (IELTS 7.5 equivalent or above) including good report-writing skills;
- Ability to engage in personal research and to contribute to team-based research projects;
- Commitment to KIMEP’s Mission, Values, Principles of Governance and Strategic priorities.
Requirements for Senior Lecturer rank:
- MA in Art discipline from a western-model institution;
- ideally 2 year experience teaching at the college level .
- Publications in the area of major
Requirements for Assistant Professor rank:
- PhD ( Doctorate) or MFA in Art discipline from a western-model institution;
- ideally 3-5 year experience teaching at the college level .
- Publications in the area of major
- Experience teaching foundational drawing/painting courses at a western-model institution.
The city of Almaty is situated at the base of the majestic Tien Shan Mountains in Southeast Kazakhstan. About 2 million people live in or near Almaty because it is the financial, cultural, summer and winter sports and cosmopolitan capital of Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan is located in the heart of Eurasia with important commercial inroads bridging Asia and Europe. Boasting the Silk Road of the 21st century, Kazakhstan offers unique positions in oil and gas, economic development, and trade. With a transitioning economy that has witnessed four-fold growth over the past decade, Kazakhstan's dynamically changing economic, social, educational and cultural environment provides incredible opportunities for significant and original research.
Rank and salary are competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Compensation after tax compares favorably with net salaries in western countries.
Limited on campus housing is available to rent, or alternatively, help is available in finding off campus housing. In addition to salary, a benefit package includes basic healthcare insurance, reduced tuition rates for KIMEP courses, and subsidy for relocation allowance. New faculty members are provided with a reduced teaching schedule during the first semester. Summer paid teaching is typically available.
The salary will be subject to deduction of taxes (10% Personal Income tax in general) as required by the Law of Kazakhstan. First 183 days of staying in Kazakhstan a employee-foreigner has 20% income tax, after 183 days he/she has 10% personnel income tax.
Please submit your application and the following documents to KIMEP University HR Portal directly :hr.kimep.kz/
- Filled and submitted application form.
- Cover letter that indicates the position applied for, how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications, course(s) you can teach, and salary expectations gross in KZT.
- Shortlisted candidates are required to submit 2 referees’ names/contact details; if you have the recommendation letters you may also attach them to your application.
- Please attach your teaching evaluation forms for the last 2 semesters.
- Final candidates, non-proficient speakers of English language are required to submit IELTS academic certificate of the score 7.5 or equivalent.
Closing dates for submission of applications: January 31, 2021 11 59 pm Almaty time (inclusive)
Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purposes only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed and invited for interviews by the CHE Search Committee by the mid of February 2021.
Address any related questions to our HR Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Propagation And Genotyping Of Transgenic Murine Models, Scuola Normale Superiore, Italy, 27 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Senior Engineer At The Electron Microscopy Laboratory, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
About the position The Department of Geoscience and Petroleum (IGP) at NTNU has a vacancy as a Senior Engineer in the electron microscopy (EM) laboratory. The EM lab has a wide range of electron- ...
Finance & Hr Coordinator Nyu Berlin, New York University, United States, 1 day ago
The Finance & HR Coordinator is a full-time parental leave replacement position for the period May/June 2021 to December 2022. The incumbent is responsible for managing all day-to-day accounting f...
Assistant Professor In The Area Of Methodologies Of Teaching And Special Education., Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy, 12 days ago
Ca’ Foscari invites applications for a tenured-track position for an Assistant Professor in the area of Methodologies of Teaching and Special Education. Ca’ Foscari is a research intensive institu...
Professor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor In Biomedical Engineering , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly int...
Assistant Professor In The Area Of Economic Sociology And Sociology Of Work And Organizations., Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy, 12 days ago
Ca’ Foscari invites applications for a tenured-track position for an Assistant Professor in the area of Economic Sociology and Sociology of Work and Organizations. Ca’ Foscari is a research intens...