Initially, two-year contract will be offered to the Postdoc with a potential renewal for another 1 year. Contract involves part time job with 8 working hours per week with annual gross salary in range of €4000- 4.500. The Postdoc annual gross salary will be subjected to all local taxes, social benefits and other deductions following the national regulations (https://www.fm.gov.lv/en/s/taxes/ ). Health insurance must be covered by applicant him/herself. Postdoc will undergo yearly performance assessment related to his/her research activities (criteria will include: e.g. participation in BBCE training programmes, papers published, competitive funding applications submitted and funding attracted, supervision of Bachelor and Master thesis, technology transfer activities performed).
One Postdoc position is open for applicants of all nationalities fulfilling the following eligibility requirements:
1. Doctorate degree (PhD) holder, who have not yet established a significant level of independence. This includes also the applicants who will receive their PhD degree until June 22nd, 2021.
2. Applicant should demonstrate a systematic understanding of the field of study and mastery of research associated with that field.
3. At least three high impact original research articles (minimum in two as first author).
4. Experience in implementation of scientific research projects.
5. Experience in communication with the wider community, and with society generally, about the areas of expertise.
6. Excellent/good oral and written English language skills (at minimum B2 level).
Candidates are asked to apply on-line for the above-mentioned Postdoc position.
Application must include the following:
1. CV in English (Europass format, max. 5 pages, including list of publications).
2. A copy of a valid ID document (passport or equivalent).
3. A motivation letter in English (max. 2 pages), including statement that the applicant fulfils all eligible criteria listed in the paragraph above. The statement that the applicant is eligible to apply for work permission in Latvia should be included in the motivation letter.
4. Degree transcripts (PhD).
5. Letters of recommendation (at least two).
All documents must be submitted to email@example.com before July 1st, 2021 9:00 AM (CET).
For additional information please contact Assistant Professor Dr. med. Ilze Salma (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and visit https://bbcentre.eu
Selection procedure will be based on two steps: the first step will consist on the screening of all applications received and on the selection of a shortlist of candidates based on CV, academic transcripts, motivation and relevance with the specific research project; the second step will consist of an interview (held in person or online), then successful candidate will be recruited.
Prior to recruitment, successful applicant will be requested to produce the original copies of all certificates and documents declared. Incorrect or lacking of documentation may invalidate the recruitment procedure.
Postdoc Researcher In Economic/Financial History (0.8 Fte) , University of Groningen ;, Netherlands, 4 days ago
Job description The University of Groningen, Faculty of Economics and Business, is seeking to appoint a Postdoc researcher in Economic/Financial History within the Department of Economics, Econome...
Postdoc Science & Religion: Replicating The Study Of John Hedley Brooke , Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam ;, Netherlands, 9 days ago
JOB DESCRIPTION The aim of this 1-year postdoc is to carry out a replication study of John Hedley Brooke’s 1991 monograph Science and Religion: Some Historical Perspectives (2nd ed. 2014). While t...
Postdoc Position: Methods Of Ethics For Socially Disruptive Technologies (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Postdoc position: Methods of Ethics for Socially Disruptive Technologies (1.0 FTE) Job description As part of the inter-university research consortium "Ethics of Socially Disruptive Technology (ES...
Postdoc Researcher In Economic/Financial History (0.8 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
Organisation The Postdoc researcher will work within the Economic History Chair group. The group is part of the Department of Economics, Econometrics & Finance and is responsible for research in e...
Postdoc In Ecology Or Evolutionary Biology, Masaryk University, Czech Republic , Masaryk University, Czech, about 20 hours ago
Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Postdoc in Ecology or Evolutionary Biology, Masaryk University, Czech Republic Workplace: Depart...
Postdoc In Numerical Solar Physics Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 14 days ago
(ref. BAP-2021-428) Laatst aangepast : 1/06/2021 At our Centre for mathematical Plasma Astrophysics (CmPA, Department of Mathematics, KU Leuven), research concentrates on fundamental, theoretical,...