The University of Southampton Malaysia (UOSM) is seeking applications for Assistant Professor in Accounting and Finance on the balanced career path of research and teaching.
- A Ph.D. in Business, specialising in Accounting or Finance.
- The applicant must have sound knowledge in either of the two main disciplinary areas, but we would focus on the applicants with expertise and research in the broader field of Accounting, Finance, and Economics areas.
- Ideally a minimum of three years of post-PhD experience in teaching and research in subject areas at any recognised institution of higher learning. The relevant industry experience is valuable as it complements the teaching and research performance. However, such knowledge can not substitute for the essential teaching and research experience. We may consider outstanding early-career or fresh Ph.D. holders if they have strong potentials to contribute to the development of UOSM's research and teaching portfolios.
- The applicant should have sufficiently advanced research and teaching portfolios within the broader areas of Accounting, Finance, and Financial Economics.
- The applicant should have a record of producing high-quality original research outputs in internationally excellent journals as recognised by the UK Research Excellence Framework or a similar agency in the region if appropriate. However, we usually use the ABS benchmark to determine the quality of journals. UOSM focuses on high-quality research rather than the quantality of publications. We may arrange an external review for selected publications.The role holder will demonstrate the ability to develop and implement plans to enhance the programmes, make sound judgments on significant problems, and provide effective leadership.
- Professional certifications such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA, or Certified Financial Analyst.
- The experience in securing research grants and doctoral supervision.
Key Accountabilities and Primary Responsibilities
- Develop and carry out an area of research in line with the UoSM Research Strategy. Manage the application of a range of research methodologies, approaches, and techniques appropriate to the type of research.
- Establish a national reputation for research and the enhancement of learning and teaching practice by sustaining regular dissemination of findings through leading peer-reviewed publications, presenting results at conferences or other relevant events.
- Plan and develop innovative research proposals, projects and funding bids as self-contained items or as part of a broader programme.
- Carry out management and administrative tasks associated with specified research funding, including risk assessment of project activities, organisation of project meetings and documentation and preparation of annual reports. To oversee and implement procedures required to ensure accurate and timely formal reporting and financial control.
- Support the teaching objectives of the department by managing a range of contributions to its learning and teaching activities. Deliver teaching of the highest quality across a range of modules and to all levels through lectures, tutorials, practical sessions, and seminars.
- Directly supervise students, providing expert advice on learning best practice and helping with learning problems. Identify the learning needs of students and define learning objectives. Set and mark coursework and exams, providing constructive feedback to students.
- Monitor, evaluate and revise course design to ensure excellence and coherence. Identify areas where current provision is in need of revision or improvement, planning and developing innovative contributions to learning, teaching and assessment methods within the department as appropriate.
- Provide expert advice in own subject area to other staff and students
- Contribute to the efficient management and administration of the department by performing administrative duties as allocated by the Head of Programme and by taking on appropriate department coordination roles.
- Any other duties as allocated by the line manager following consultation with the post holder which include student recruitment and supporting the implementation of the UoSM Strategic Plan.
If you meet the above essential and desirable criteria, can maintain accountability, and take responsibilities across research, teaching, and others, UOSM welcomes your application. The application must include the following two documents
- A Cover Letter - addressing how you meet the essential criteria and is suitable for taking the role described above.
- An updated CV that provides complete information of (a) your full academic qualifications, including Ph.D. areas or thesis title, (b) details of your full-time employments including administration and leadership experience (if any), (c) your research profile - covering published papers (highlight the three best articles), projects, completed Ph.D. supervisions (if any), and other scholarly works, and (d) your teaching portfolios over the last three years.
Please email documents # 1 & 2 to Ms. Fitri Sapine from the Human Resources department at F.Sapine@soton.ac.uk
Your email subject line must include "Assistant Professor – Accounting and Finance (your name)"
An application without a cover letter or a CV without complete information requested above may not be considered.
Application deadline: 20 February 2021
Expected start date: May/June 2021
Research Assistant / Doctoral Student Chair In Corporate Finance , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 3 hours ago
Department of Banking and Finance Research Assistant / Doctoral Student - Chair in Corporate Finance 40-50 % The Department of Banking and Finance (DBF) at the University of Zurich has a broad expe...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Bioinorganic/ Coordination Chemistry, Dublin City University, Ireland, 15 days ago
Research Centre School of Chemical Sciences / National Centre for Sensor Research Post Title Postdoctoral Researcher in Bioinorganic/ Coordination Chemistry Level on Framework: Level 1 Post Durati...
Postdoc In Engineering Education Research, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 1 day ago
This is a call for a postdoctoral position focused on teaching and learning in interdisciplinary, individualized and flexible education in engineering and architecture. Information about the resea...
Postdoc Social Media And Public Debate (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 24 hours ago
Organisation Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has established an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative university offering high-quality teaching and researc...
Research Associate In Search, Optimization, Machine Learning And Technical Standardization, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 17 hours ago
The Parallel Computing and Optimisation group (https://pcog.uni.lu ) headed by Prof. Pascal Bouvry, is seeking an outstanding Research Associate to strengthen its research team in the area of Sea...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Criminal Proceedings And The Use Of Ai, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 23 days ago
The Department of Law of the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to conduct research in the context of the interdisciplin...