We are seeking qualified candidates to apply for the position of Professor in Literature or Creative Writing / Head of School at the School of English, University of Nottingham Malaysia.
As a senior manager and an academic leader within the University, the role holder has overall responsibility for teaching, research and the strategic direction of the School of English.
- To teach literature and/or creative writing modules to undergraduate students, such as Beginning Creative Writing, Prose and Poetry Writing, and Modern and Contemporary Literature
- To teach literature and/or creative writing modules to postgraduate students, such as Creative Writing Conventions and Techniques, Popular Literature in the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries, and Literature and Modernity
- To supervise literature and/or creative writing dissertations / theses for undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD students
- To help grow the research profile of the School of English by publishing globally recognised scholarly research and supporting the achievements and development of the researchers in the School
- To lead administrative duties at School, Faculty and University level
- To lead knowledge exchange activities and actively contribute to School, Faculty and University level external engagement
- To lead the growth of research in literature and/or creative writing within and beyond the University
- To lead and manage Teaching Quality Assurance activities, accreditations, and programme/course development
- To lead and deliver activities that lead to enhanced teaching and learning including research-informed teaching
- To lead activities of outreach, marketing and recruitment that enhance the reputation of the University outside the scope of teaching and research and raise the profile of the University
- To lead and manage internal and external course/programme/school review activities
Background and Experience:
The successful candidate will ideally demonstrate
- Passionate belief in the value of higher education and the pursuit of quality in both teaching and research;
- Strong academic record in research and publication in literature and/or creative writing;
- Good understanding of the academic disciplines within the School;
- Strategic vision, decision-making ability and a collegial management style;
- Ability to lead, create a shared vision and empower others in order to deliver the School’s strategic plans and programmes;
- The skills and desire to develop a team and mentor early career researchers;
- A record of responsible and effective leadership within a complex and diverse organisation;
- Competent communication skills to represent the School of English and University of Nottingham Malaysia both within Malaysia and internationally; and
- Commitment to maintaining high ethical standards in all academic and external engagement dealings.
The application is opened to those with a doctoral degree in Literature or Creative Writing and who are able to meet our requirements above. Please refer to the Job Description for more information.
Candidates are required to provide:
- A CV, including a full list of publications.
- A letter of application addressing the Person Specification
- Referee contact details, including telephone number and email address
Enquires should be directed to Dr Jason Pandya-Wood, the Dean, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
Applications should be directed to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Application for Professor / Head of School - School of English”.
Applications close by 26 March 2021
Sprc Best Practices Registry Coordinator, University of Oklahoma, United States, about 6 hours ago
SPRC Best Practices Registry Coordinator - Job Number: 211688 Organization : Southwest Prevention Center Job Location : Oklahoma-Norman-Norman Campus Schedule : Full-time Work Schedule: 8am - 5pm ...
Director Of Web Communications, Beloit College, United States, about 12 hours ago
The Director of Web Communications is responsible for leading Beloit College’s content production, including developing strategy and designing, implementing, and managing the college’s website (Be...
Research Scientist In Logistic And Supply Chain Management, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 25 days ago
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of ...
Master Thesis A SustainAble Biosensor For Viruses (Using MoleCULarly Imprinted PolyMers) (F/M/D) , Silicon Austria Labs, Austria, about 10 hours ago
Your future responsibilities The aim of the MSc project is to develop and test a functional sensing layer for detection of viruses using novel materials and biomimetic chemistry. You will work in ...
Associate Director, Marketing And Communications / 招生部市场与传播助理主任, New York University, United States, 11 days ago
NYU Shanghai is China’s first Sino-American research University, and a vibrant part of the global network of New York University, dedicated to recruiting and graduating a community of global schol...
Assistant Professor In Corporate Communication, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 23 days ago
Are you interested in the communication of organizations from a societal perspective? We are looking for an Assistant (UD) Professor in Corporate Communication, starting in September 2021. You wil...