Danube University Krems
Danube University Krems is Europe's leading university for continuing education. As the only public university for continuing education in the German-speaking area it specialises in upskilling programmes for working persons and, in teaching and research, is engaged in tackling current and future social challenges. Currently around 8,000 students from more than 80 countries are enrolled in Master's studies and brief programmes offered parallel to employment.
At Danube University Krems the following vacancy needs to be filled:
Professorship in Sports and Exercise Medicine (m/f/d)
as defined in Section 98 of the Austrian Universities Act [Universitätsgesetz/UG] 2002
from 10 hours/week
Advertisement No. SB20-0291
The advertised professorship is established at the Department for Health Sciences, Medicine and Research in the Faculty of Health and Medicine.
General job description and profile:
The tasks of the professor include committed representation of the area of sports medicine in research, development and teaching.
The research work should scientifically deal with the fields of surgical therapies and injury prevention in sports medicine of the human locomotive system with a focus on arthroscopic techniques.
As the professorship is equally divided between research and teaching the professor is expected to continue teaching the existing degree courses in the fields of sports medicine, orthopaedics and traumatology, as well as lead and supervise any accompanying studies that are related to the fields. In addition to the existing curriculum of the Master's degree courses the educational aspects of arthroscopic techniques and related teaching contents should also be dealt with. The contents of scientific research should be integrated with the existing cooperation between Danube University Krems and the Society for Orthopaedic Traumatologic Sports Medicine (GOTS)
The qualifications required for the position are as follows:
- Professorial or equivalent qualification in the field of trauma surgery or orthopaedics, or orthopaedics and traumatology
- Specialist training in "trauma surgery" or "orthopaedics" or "orthopaedics and traumatology" with additional training in sports medicine.
- Minimum of 5 years of specialist experience in any of the above-mentioned fields
- Excellent research and publication work in the field of sports medicine in SCI journals
- Evidence of successful raising of third-party funding for research and teaching
- Excellent didactic skills through teaching experience in university courses
- Experience in university structures in teaching and research
- Organisational and commercial leadership experience and management competence
- Knowledge of European academic and non-academic education and research systems
- Good personal networking in the specific scientific community
- Gender and diversity competence
- Excellent command of spoken and written German and English (both min. C1)
In addition, the following skills and competences would be desirable:
- Experience in the development of Master's degree courses and teaching and carrying out postgraduate Master's degree courses.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in mentoring sports persons, in particular surgical treatment of arthroscopic and minimally-invasive methods
- Interest in the development of new treatment approaches, in particular in the field of regenerative medicine
- Willingness to participate and actively contribute to conferences in those fields
- Strategic thinking and entrepreneurial spirit
- Communication and team skills
Danube University Krems sees a high innovation potential in the diversity of its employees and has declared diversity to be a leading principle. At the same time Danube University Krems seeks to increase the percentage of female employees and expressly invites qualified women to apply for this position. In the case of equal qualifications women will be given priority.
We are looking forward to receiving applications from persons with disabilities who possess the required profile.
The appointment as professor will be limited to an initial period of five years and will be the result of an appointment procedure as described in Section 98 of the Austrian Universities Act 2002.
The minimum gross salary according to the Work and Remuneration Regulations of Danube University Krems (W1/1) amounts to EUR 5,667.13 (on a 38.5 hours/week basis). We are willing to pay a higher salary according to qualifications and professional experience.
We are looking forward to receiving your convincing application by post to the Rectorate of Danube University Krems, Dr. Karl-Dorrek-Strasse 30, 3500 Krems or by email to email@example.com by 30 May 2021. Please do not hesitate to contact the Rector's office at +43 (0)2732 893-2210 if you have any questions.
Please enclose the application abstract with your application, which is retrievable from https://www.donau-uni.ac.at/jobs/professuren
154119 Professor Of Equine Orthopaedics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 10 hours ago
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen The university seeks to appoint a full professor of Equine Orthopaedic disease and surger...
Eu Programme Manager , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Maternity leave replacement – EU Programme Manager at the University of Vienna Research Services and Career Development Department Institution: University of Vienna Position: The Research Se...
Professorship In Translational Psychiatry Across The Lifespan , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Psychiatrische Universitätsklinik Zürich Professorship in Translational Psychiatry across the Lifespan 100 % The Faculty of Medicine at the University of Zurich invites applications for the followi...
Statistician / Psychologist (F/M/D), Universitätsmedizin Göttingen, Germany, about 3 hours ago
The Institute of Medical Psychology and Medical Sociology, University Medicine Göttingen is looking for: Specialization: Habilitation / PhD / Dr. / MSc Limitation: initially limited for 2 years Wo...
Marketing And Communication Executive , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Faculty of Business, Economics and Informatics Advanced Study Programs European and Chinese Business Management Marketing and Communication Executive 80 - 100 % The University of Zurich's European ...
Professorship For Clinical Research In Psychiatry And Psychotherapy (Assistant Professor With Tenure Track) , University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Psychiatrische Universitätsklinik Zürich Professorship for Clinical Research in Psychiatry and Psychotherapy (Assistant Professor with Tenure Track) 100 % The Faculty of Medicine at the University ...