The main goal of the EU Liaison Officer is being the ‘eyes and ears’ in Brussels for Utrecht University and the University Medical Center Utrecht (UMC Utrecht). Besides, you will be our local ambassador in Brussels. The goal is to spark traffic between Brussels and Utrecht and find synergy with our international, national and regional networks. Together with our Researchers, the internal staff from the faculties and UMC Utrecht's EU Liaison Officer, you will open up opportunities in line with the Utrecht University Strategic Plan 2025, the strategy of UMC Utrecht and the internationalisation strategies. This will be achieved by creating and maintaining excellent relations with relevant European institutions and European platforms which are directly or indirectly related to multidisciplinary research topics of Utrecht University and UMC Utrecht: Institutions for Open Societies, Dynamics of Youth, Pathways to Sustainability and Life Sciences. The EU Liaison Officer also seeks to strengthen our strategic relations with leading European universities and contributes visibly to our international profiles.
Responsibilities - representation:
- establish and maintain excellent relations with relevant departments of the EU, as well as relevant Dutch agencies/ministries and international networks and organisations dealing with EU affairs (e.g. Neth-ER, Crowdhelix, RVO);
- proactively participate in high level meetings, workshops and events, which may contribute to the achievement of our strategic goals;
- participate in policy dialogue meetings as an ambassador of Utrecht values: multi-disciplinarity, sustainability and open science. Work on this in close cooperation with colleagues who are involved in our national and regional lobby strategies;
- act as an important link in international (lobby) networks, such as LERU. Participate on behalf of Utrecht in the European University Association (EUA).
Responsibilities - advice:
- being the strategic and tactical Advisor to the UU Executive Board, in particular the Board Member responsible for international and EU affairs;
- responsible for developing a corporate EU strategy within the context of the internationalization strategy, our national/regional lobby agenda and alliances as CHARM-EU and EWUU (TU Eindhoven/Wageningen UR/Utrecht University/UMC Utrecht);
- attend relevant information days, stakeholder meetings, partnering events and social events in Brussels and the Netherlands;
- together with the RSOs provide information and advice to faculty staff on EU matters on an individual basis or in organized information meetings;
- participate in strategic sessions for UU/UMC Utrecht Researchers, Executive Board Members/Directors and key opinion leaders (in Brussels or locally);
- provide relevant news for our website and newsletters (e.g. on newly announced EU programmes).
Responsibilities - coordination:
- coordinate the EU liaison activities within Utrecht University and in close collaboration with UMC Utrecht. Organize and chair regular sessions with the EU Liaison Officers of the Strategic themes;
- coordinate and proactively react to public consultations from the European Commission or other funding bodies in collaboration with the relevant Research Support Offices of our university;
- actively contribute to the international profile of the university in accordance with the internationalisation programme.
The EU Liaison Officer will be appointed at the Research Department of the Academic Affairs’ Office and will work in close cooperation with staff members of the University Corporate Offices, as well as EU Liaison Officers of each Strategic theme, and the Research Support Offices of the faculties and UMC Utrecht, especially staff involved in public affairs and strategic cooperation.
Internship In Small Animal Veterinary Anaesthesia And Analgesia (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
Internship in small animal veterinary anaesthesia and analgesia (1.0 FTE) Job description Primarily, the work will consist of your contribution to the high level of patient care during the peri-op...
Lecturer In Entrepreneurship (0.7 1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
Lecturer in Entrepreneurship (0.7 - 1.0 FTE) Job description Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) has a vacancy for a Lecturer in Entrepreneurship. The Lecturer will coordinate and teac...
Assistant Professor In The Group Of Research And Teaching Staff In The Department Of Microeconomics..., MARIA CURIE-SKLODOWSKA UNIVERSITY IN LUBLIN, Poland, 23 days ago
APPLICATION FOR THE COMPETITION SHOULD INCLUDE: - an application requesting employment addressed to the Rector of UMCS; - a copy or a certified copy of the doctoral diploma; - a personal questionn...
Lecturer In Finance And Finance Education (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
Lecturer in Finance and Finance Education (1.0 FTE) Job description Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) has a vacancy for a departmental lecturer with expertise in Finance and Educatio...
Facility Staff Member High End Em (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
Facility staff member high-end EM (1.0 FTE) Job description The revolution in electron microscopy (EM) has greatly increased the demand for high-end EM in both Life Sciences and Materials Sciences...
Assistant Professor In The Group Of Research And Teaching Staff In The Department Of Microeconomics..., MARIA CURIE-SKLODOWSKA UNIVERSITY IN LUBLIN, Poland, 24 days ago
Benefits - full-time employment under an employment contract for an indefinite period from October 1, 2021, in the primary workplace. Eligibility criteria APPLICATION FOR THE COMPETITION SHOULD IN...