« Back to Jobs
Business Analyst (Digital Transformation)
- Tue Jun 15 04:09:34 2021
- Business Analyst (Digital Transformation), Full-Time, Fixed Term (1 year)
- Are you experienced in customer-centric service design and analysis
- Do you have an understanding of and demonstrable experience in Agile methodologies and techniques?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a Business Analyst to join the Digital Transformation team on a 12-month fixed-term contract. The role will contribute to and deliver business solution development for Digital Solutions (DS) customers and internal teams by using and promoting the use of Agile, Design Thinking and User Experience approaches to project design and implementation.
- Ensure the successful completion of business analysis activities for DS projects.
- Contribute to the successful completion of DS projects by active involvement at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into requirements, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish stated user requests from the underlying true needs and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Prepare documentation including requirements analysis, solution and technical option assessment, technical specifications and designs and support documentation.
- Ensure all documentation and presentations are appropriate, clear, comprehensive and completed to a high standard within agreed timeframes.
- Build test processes and scripts to ensure any changes to the interface or application can be tested.
- Liaise with a wide variety of customers and key stakeholders to effectively document the project scope.
- Identify key stakeholders and users including defining appropriate project roles and responsibilities.
- Use modelling skills to represent process, requirements, data and other technical information in graphical forms.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You will be a motivated Business Analyst who will assist the Digital Transformation team to achieve its goals by providing quality business analysis, thus enabling the wider DS team to deliver on its operational and strategic plans.
You will keep customers well-informed, manage stakeholder expectations and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Proven experience in customer-centric service design and analysis.
- Sound experience and understanding of Agile methodologies and techniques.
- Experience in working across several projects with a strong customer service focus.
- Good knowledge and understanding of technology and its impact on the business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Experience in a project team environment, ideally in IT, as a Business Analyst.
- Experience with mapping customer journeys to enhance the customer experience.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively translate strategy, technical and architecture documentation into business terminology.
- Proven ability of wireframe and prototype including conceptual architecture, process and other technical diagrams and data models.
- Proven ability to effectively capture, analyse and document requirements.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with user groups, vendors, stakeholders and all levels of management.
- Creatively analytical e.g. out of the box thinking with well-researched ideas.
- Competent user of the MS O365 suite of products.
- Advanced skills and considerable experience in the evaluation of hardware and software technology options.
- Strong presentation skills and able to technically lead development discussions.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
In return we offer:
- A challenging role progressing real improvements for staff and students
- An opportunity to embark on a career in IT
- A fast-paced environment with plenty of variety
Close Date for Vacancy: 28 June 2021
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Madhulika Sundar via email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. Applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Click Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line
Lecturer In Artificial Intelligence , Victoria University of Wellington ;, New Zealand, 7 days ago
Lecturer in Artificial Intelligence Do you have a completed doctoral qualification in an Artificial Intelligence field? Are you experienced teaching in AI or a relevant field at tertiary level? Do...
Executive Director Demand Management, Marlborough Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 7 days ago
About NMIT / He kōrero mō Te Whare Wānanga o Te Tauihu o Te Waka a Māui Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology, (NMIT) is a subsidiary of Te Pūkenga, operating three campuses, and serving over...
Digital Services Librarian, Permanent, 0.8 Fte, Marlborough Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 21 hours ago
The opportunity / Te Whiwhinga mahi The Learner Services team are seeking a Digital Services Librarian to work as a part of the Library Team on the Nelson Campus. The purpose of the role is to mai...
Head Of Nursing, Marlborough Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 21 hours ago
The opportunity / Te Whiwhinga mahi We are looking for a dynamic, innovative and effective leader of our Health academic team based on our Nelson Campus; and someone who will help shape the future...
Research Development Advisor Maori, Massey University, New Zealand, about 19 hours ago
Research Operations Office of the Provost Palmerston North OP_RO_1042_07/21 Professional Grade 7 72494 - 101872 Office of the Provost Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-time Position Overvie...
43113 Business Analyst Māori Strategy & Engagement Group Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, about 17 hours ago
Māori Strategy & Engagement Group Mt Albert, Auckland, New Zealand Vacancy 43113 About us | Ko wai matou At Plant & Food Research, Rangahau Ahumāra Kai, ('PFR'), we believe science can create a be...