The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi:
An exciting Nelson based opportunity has arisen for someone passionate about helping learners and teams succeed. We require a Business Support Coordinator to join the team in Digital Technologies and Arts and Media. The role is permanent and fulltime.
The coordination role relates primarily to the Digital Technologies programmes. These include Trades Academy in Technologies, a Level 2 Certificate, IT programmes at Diploma level, and the Bachelor of Information Technology. a This role also supports the Diplomas in Animation, and the Bachelor of Computer Generated Imagery.
As a Business Support Coordinator you provide professional operational support through the efficient coordination, interaction, monitoring and facilitation of all functions and duties relating to the Technology-related programmes in this Curriculum Area.
Reporting to the Curriculum Manager, you will actively contribute to business planning to ensure successful outputs for all, in turn maximising the success rates, retention and achievement of both learners and staff. Coordinating the pastoral care and support for students is also key element of this position.
You will play a key role in building and maintaining effective working relationships across team NMIT and with a diverse range of both internal and external stakeholders through the values of Manaakitanga and Pono.
An ability to problem solve and show initiative in a fast paced environment is crucial to the role.
About you | He kōrero mōu
Successful applicants must have:
- Friendly approachable manner with ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Relevant Tertiary qualification with at least 1-2 years' work experience in a similar role, OR
- Minimum 3-5 years proven experience in administration, business or operations management in a related position.
- Proficient in computer use including MS products (Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams)
- Highly developed communication skills- report writing and presentations are part of the role
- Proven knowledge of modern office administration procedures and current best practice in the provision of executive support, project coordination and administrative services
- Be highly organised, proactive and methodical
The following attributes would also be highly advantageous:
- Proven experience and/or industry knowledge of one or more of our programmes.
- Familiarity with the education sector, academic/educational terms and the cadence of an academic year.
- Experience in Moodle, EBS, Power Business Improvement (Power BI) or other educational computer management systems.
What we offer/ Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou
- Great central location with onsite parking
- Modern on-site facilities including café/restaurant/sports facilities/library
- Excellent employee benefits including discounted local childcare and tuition fees
About NMIT/ He kōrero mō Te Whare Wānanga o Te Tauihu o Te Waka a Māui
Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology Limited (NMIT Ltd) is a Government owned, NZQA Category One tertiary education institute. It operates three campuses, servicing over 6500 tertiary students from the Nelson and Marlborough regions, and from all over the world. Our promise is 'work-ready, world-ready graduates'.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We only accept applications via our online application systems. For a job description, please follow the application link. If you have any questions, please contact Trisha Krishnasamy, the Curriculum Manager Digital Technologies and Arts and Media at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application close date is 5pm Wednesday 5th May 2021
Senior Tutor Information Management , Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 14 hours ago
« Back to Jobs Senior Tutor Information Management Location: Pipitea Type: Temporary Post Date: Thu Jun 10 22:36:10 2021 Ref: 1650 Senior Tutor (School of Information Management), Full-Time, Fixed...
Senior Oracle Developer , Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 11 days ago
« Back to Jobs Senior Oracle Developer Location: Kelburn Type: Temporary Post Date: Mon May 17 06:14:29 2021 Ref: 1242 Are you an Oracle Developer looking for an opportunity to develop and extend ...
Change Manager, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 7 days ago
« Back to Jobs Change Manager Location: Kelburn Type: Temporary Post Date: Tue May 25 04:54:18 2021 Ref: 1462 Are you an accredited change manager interesting in joining a newly created team? Do y...
Desktop/Client Services It Technician, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 7 days ago
« Back to Jobs Desktop/Client Services IT Technician Location: Te Aro Type: Permanent Post Date: Mon May 24 00:06:40 2021 Ref: 1416 Are you looking for an IT support role with face-to-face contact...
Library Assistant (Afterhours), Massey University, New Zealand, 5 days ago
Library Office of the Provost Palmerston North OP_L_737_05/21 Professional Grade 2 43563 - 51684 Office of the Provost Term length: ongoing Hours of work: part-time We are currently accepting appl...
Rainbow And Inclusion Adviser, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 14 days ago
« Back to Jobs Rainbow and Inclusion Adviser Location: Kelburn Type: Permanent Post Date: Thu May 13 23:39:26 2021 Ref: 1323 Are you passionate in supporting Rainbow youth? Do you enjoy working in...