We are looking for a Bioinformatician (specialist technician)to contribute to the research of the Regulatory Genomics group (PI: Tanya Vavouri). The position is funded by a grant from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation aiming to understand the effects of different types of genetic variants on the expression of genes and small noncoding RNAs in mouse. We are particularly interested in PIWI-interacting RNAs (piRNAs) which is a class of small non-coding RNAs expressed predominantly in the germline.
The contract will be funded by the Agencia Estatal de Investigación. PID2019- 111676GB-I00 / AEI / 10.13039/501100011033.
What we need
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences / Bioinformatics / Computer science or similar.
- You have some experience analysinggenomics data (human or mouse).
- Computing skills: Experience using the command line is essential. Some experience writing pipelines in bash and/or a programming language such as perl, python or other is also required.
- Experience using the R statistical language for analysing data is essential.
- Strong motivation to work on a basic research topic.
- Languages skills: fluent command of English (written, oral).
- Good scientific writing skills.
- The researcher will analyse omics data, mainly RNA-seq and small RNA-seq. The researcher will be expected to contribute intellectually to the design of the analyses, the interpretation of data and the writing of manuscripts derived from this work.
What we offer
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- Preferential start date: asap
- Temporary position.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter describing your work experience, research interests and how they fit the research topic (incl. the contact details of two referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org , putting in cc: email@example.com .
Deadline for applications
Please submit your application by May 16th , 2021.
Senior Lab Manager Position At Karolinska Institutet/ Center For Infectious Medicine (Cim), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 7 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to improving human health? The central scientific interest of Myriam Aouadi’s lab is to understand the interaction between the immune system and metabolism at the molecul...
Assistant Professor Of Structure Based Drug Design At Department Of Drug Design And Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 2 hours ago
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic researcher for a 3 year assistant professor position to commence September 1 2021....
Research Technician Dartbac Project, Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, 2 days ago
Maastricht University Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research a...
Assistant Professor Of Conflict Studies, Radboud University, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Nijmegen School of Management The Nijmegen School of Management (NSM) is an academic centre of research and higher education, focusing on institutional and managerial issues within complex organis...
Animal And Laboratory Research Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, about 2 hours ago
This competition is open to all applicants, however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considera...
Internship In Small Animal Veterinary Anaesthesia And Analgesia (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 23 hours ago
Internship in small animal veterinary anaesthesia and analgesia (1.0 FTE) Job description Primarily, the work will consist of your contribution to the high level of patient care during the peri-op...