Publish date April 9th 2021
Area: Energy Efficiency in Systems, Buildings and Communities Area
Group: Power Systems
Group leader: Dr. Jose Luis Domínguez García
TITLE: Junior Project Engineer (R1) in the field of risk assessment and resilience to climate change for energy systems in urban areas
Power Systems group announces a position as Junior Researcher (R1) in the field of risk, resilience and adaptation measures to climate change for energy systems in urban areas. The candidate will participate in the COMMIT20 project (funded by AGAUR under the PANDEMIES call) and is expected to define resilience indices, key scenarios and further improve, adapt and apply a risk analysis GIS-based tool. Also, further recommendations for resilience measures application, as well as investment prioritization for minimizing the impacts of climate change or other pandemic situations is expected.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor (Minimum) or Master in civil engineering, energy engineering, industrial engineering, energy engineering or other related degrees.
- Interest on Resilience and climate change
- Knowledge and experience with the following software:
- GIS tools (e.g QGIS, ARCGIS, other)
- Modelling of energy systems
o PostGRES +GIS
o Skills and knowledge on the following fields:
- Energy sector and electrical networks
- Renewable energy sources
- Good communications skills in English are mandatory.
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan will be beneficial.
- Team Worker.
- Initiative and interest in Research and Innovation.
- Analytical and synthesis capabilities.
Salaries will be paid in accordance with the IREC’s salary policy, depending on the candidate’s qualification and professional experience.
Send applications by email directly to Dr. Jose Luis Domínguez (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and Human resources office (email@example.com ) including CV, academic and professional records and transcripts and motivation letter