Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research?
The Department of Clinical Neuroscience at Karolinska Institute is looking for one postdoctoral researcher with expertise from diverse backgrounds such as genetic epidemiology, statistical genetics and bioinformatics. The candidate will work in the genetic epidemiology research group lead by Ingrid Kockum. Our unit has a long-standing experience in studying the genetic architecture and genetic epidemiology of complex diseases including autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases using state-of-the-art approaches such as genome-wide association study, cross-trait meta-analysis, Mendelian randomization and more.
You will find a unique opportunity to work closely with top researchers in the borderland between epidemiology and neuroscience to understand the genetic architecture of autoimmune neurological disorder. We offer an engaging and international research environment where you get an opportunity to contribute to high-quality research at an international top level.
It is expected that the postdoctoral researcher will supervise graduate students. The position will provide valuable experience to the candidate and will offer a chance to lead their own projects.
Qualified to be employed as a postdoctor is one who has obtained a doctorate or has equivalent scientific competence. Applicants who have not completed a doctorate at the end of the application period may also apply, provided that all requirements for a completed degree are met before the (intended) date of employment. This must be substantiated by the applicant's main supervisor, director or equivalent.
- Experience in handling omics data such as genomic and transcriptomic data
- Using an integrative genomic approach to understand disease aetiology
- Have expert level knowledge on programming languages such as R (or C++, Java, Python).
- Advanced knowledge in (genetic) epidemiology
- Must demonstrate fluent English language skills both oral and written as this is our day-to-day working language.
- Previous experience working with autoimmune neurodegenerative disease and/or complex traits
- Advanced knowledge of statistical genetic approaches such as GWAS analyses, transcriptomic analysis, eQTL analysis, Mendelian Randomization, functional annotation etc.
- Experience in linux-based environments and knowledge of cloud computing
- Considerable and relevant expertise in the fields of genetic epidemiology and statistics
- Demonstrated scientific creativity, insight in medicine and molecular biology, and familiarity with population based high-throughput genotyping
The applicants will primarily be assessed on their academic performance, but emphasis will also be placed on personal aptitude, good collaborative skills, and the ability to work across traditional disciplinary boundaries. We are looking for a candidate who’s determined and has high problem-solving analysis skill. The successful candidate is highly motivated and exhibit a commitment to build a career path within genetic epidemiology and statistical genetics.
What do we offer?
Karolinska Institutet is one of the world's leading medical universities. Our vision is to pursue the development of knowledge about life and to promote better health for all. At Karolinska Institutet, we conduct innovative medical research and provide the largest range of biomedical education in Sweden. Karolinska Institutet is a state university, which entitles employees to several benefits such as extended holiday and a generous occupational pension. Employees also have free access to our modern gym and receive reimbursements for medical care.
Read more about the Department of Clinical Neuroscience
Read more about the research group you will be part of
An employment application must contain the following documents in English or Swedish:
- A complete resumé, including date of the thesis defence, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work
- A complete list of publications
- A summary of current work (no more than one page)
Welcome to apply at the latest May 2, 2021.
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
Want to make a difference? Join us and contribute to better health for all!
Post Doctoral Research Fellows In Epidemiology/Biostatistics (# Of Pos: 2), University of Ioannina, Greece, 24 days ago
Job summary: The Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology at the University of Ioannina School of Medicine in Ioannina, Greece seeks Post-doctoral Research Fellows in Epidemiology/Biostatistics to w...
Researcher Position In Translational Genomics Of Diabetes, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 22 hours ago
Published: 2021-04-22 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highe...
1 2 Postdoctoral Researcher In Cancer Genomics, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 7 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Cancer Genomics group at MEB is responsible for prospective genomic profiling in large randomized clinical trials encompassing >50 si...
Doctoral (Ph D) Postition In Neurophysiology , Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 8 days ago
To be a doctoral student means to devote oneself to a research project under supervision of experienced researchers and following an individual study plan. For a doctoral degree, the equivalent of...
Postdoc/Application Expert In Data Driven Modeling Of Biochemical Systems , Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 13 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Department of Neuroscience includes several research groups working on different aspects of nervous system function, both under norma...
Post Doctoral Fellow, School Of Public Health, THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG, Laos, 6 days ago
Work type: Full-time Department: School of Public Health (22400) Categories: Academic-related Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Post-doctoral Fellow in the HKU-Pasteur Research Pol...