Detailed job description and main responsibilities
About the NIHR Clinical Research Network
The National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network (CRN) coordinates and supports the delivery of clinical research in the NHS and the wider health and social care system, and supports patients, the public, and health and care organisations across England to participate in high-quality research, thereby advancing knowledge and improving care.
The NIHR CRN comprises 15 local research networks and 30 specialties that coordinate and support the delivery of high-quality research both by geography and therapy area. Clinical Research Network Wessex (CRN Wessex), one of the 15 local research networks, is hosted by University Hospitals Southampton NHS Foundation Trust and coordinates and supports research across Hampshire, Dorset, South Wiltshire and the Isle of Wight.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Model NIHR CRN’s values and champion the NHS Constitution.
- Actively manage and support the development of individuals and the team through appraisal, personal development planning, coaching and mentoring.
- Take a lead role in workforce planning, development and review to ensure a workforce with the right, numbers, skills and behaviours to deliver a flexible and responsive service.
- Ensure professional supervisory arrangements are in place for the workforce.
- Develop effective working relationships with HEEs, AHSNs, universities, and other local stakeholders and partners.
- Ensure equity of access to training and developmental opportunities for all staff – consistent with local need and national priorities.
- Promote a learning organisation that uses the knowledge and skills of all members to improve performance and generate helpful and shared outputs.
- Champion the NIHR CRN Life Sciences Industry research delivery within the LCRN and the importance and contribution of the Life Sciences Industry to the NHS.
- Drive forward the NIHR CRN Industry strategy within the LCRN – to align with national objectives and local priorities.
- Ensure that feasibility services to the Life Sciences Industry are provided consistently, within the required timeframes and to a high quality standard in line with identified national standard operating procedures and local best practice.
- Utilise performance data including benchmarking to drive forward improvements in service delivery and performance.
- Introduce improvement approaches to streamline operational delivery systems and processes in order to ensure maximum speed of delivery, optimal efficiency and productivity and improved value for money.
- Ensure robust mechanisms for continuous operational and business improvement processes are established.
- Review implement and maintain strategies and systems for quality assurance, to include audit and review.
- Ensure effective collaboration across all NHS sectors.
- Ensure the work of the LCRN adds value to the NHS.
- Ensure engagement and commitment from NHS organisations/ providers of NHS services, other parts of NIHR and key external stakeholders as appropriate to enable implementation of the CRN strategy.
- Act as a champion for patients, carers and the public, ensuring that their interests are meaningfully incorporated in the development of the LCRN.
- Ensure all public, patient and carer involvement and engagement interactions with the LCRN are of the highest professional standard.
- Embed patient, carer and public involvement within the LCRN at all appropriate levels of decision making.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Experienced leader who is outcomes focussed with outstanding business, management and organisational skills, a sound knowledge of all sectors of the NHS and a track record in successfully leading and managing large scale change
Interviews will be held on Monday 5 July 2021
Should you have any queries, please use the contact details below to get in touch.
Senior Medical Statistician (Scientific Lead) , University of Southampton ;, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Full Time Fixed Term (12 months) The Southampton Clinical Trials Unit (SCTU) is based at University Hospitals Southampton NHS Trust within the Faculty of Medicine and coordinates numerous high qua...
Senior Medical Statistician, Scientific Lead, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Southampton Clinical Trials Unit Location: Southampton General Hospital Salary: £39,152 to £49,553 Full Time Fixed Term (12 months) Closing Date: Wednesday 14 July 2021 Interview Date: To be...
It Sub Portfolio Manager , University of Southampton ;, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Location: 1 Guildhall Square Full Time Fixed Term (12 months) Closing Date: Thursday 05 August 2021 Interview Date: To be confirmed This is an exceptional time to be joining the University of Sout...
It Sub Portfolio Manager, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
Customer Experience Location: 1 Guildhall Square Salary: £39,152 to £49,553 Pro rata per annum Full Time Fixed Term (12 months) Closing Date: Thursday 05 August 2021 Interview Date: To be confirme...
Research Integrity Officer (Clinical & Ethics) , University of Southampton ;, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
Research and Innovation Services (R&IS) support academic and research staff fulfil their research and enterprise objectives by providing expert advice and assistance in research funding, bid suppo...
Research Technician, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Clinical and Experimental Sciences Location: Southampton General Hospital Salary: £25,217 to £30,046 Full Time Fixed Term until 30/11/2022 Closing Date: Friday 09 July 2021 Interview Date: T...