EU Programme Manager at the University of Vienna Research Services and Career Development Department
Institution: University of Vienna (15 faculties, 5 centres, about 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, almost 90.000 students)
Position: The University of Vienna is the largest Austrian research institution hosting 6,800 academics within 15 faculties and five centres, dedicated to both basic and applied research. The University has been awarded over 230 EU Horizon 2020 projects, 53 of which are European Research Council Investigator Grants. The University has committed itself to increasing its number of applications to the European Research Framework Programmes and the number of projects it coordinates. The Research Services Department is therefore looking to widen the professional scope of its support to University of Vienna researchers applying for European and internationally funded research projects.
The Department is particularly looking to strengthen its offer in pre-award services for EU and ERASMUS+ grant applications. This challenging role will provide intensive pre-award support, including assistance with budget planning to researchers at the University, turning initial project ideas into competitive project applications, in particular under the new Horizon Europe Programme.
The position would be ideally suited to a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual, with excellent planning and organisational skills. In addition, they should be able to work collaboratively with academic and research support staff to deliver a comprehensive administrative support service to the University. The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Because of the challenges of this position, the candidate should have experience in EU grant pre-award services and being able to work closely with researchers in a diverse environment.
This role is initially a 24-month contract, with the possibility of a permanent position.
- Undertaking activities to raise awareness on opportunities under Horizon Europe Programmes as well as other international funding opportunities
- Targeting and searching for funding opportunities
- Support in the grant application process, in particular for EU projects but also other international funding schemes, including pre-screening, budgeting of proposals and proposal checks
- Responding to project-related queries from principal investigators, international project partners, University administrative officers and European Commission project officers
- Support in the resolving of potential project implementation issues in line with internal University regulations and policies, and funder guidelines
- Contribute to the overall work of the Research Services and Career Development Department and occasionally undertake other related duties
- University Degree
- Experience in pre-award services (Framework Programmes, Horizon 2020)
- Knowledge about EU funding opportunities and funding policies and being able to convey this information to researchers
- A proven capacity to be proactive, to work on and solve problems independently and to manage and prioritise the workload
- Knowledge of international research funding opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner with a diverse range of people
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English. Knowledge of German is an advantage
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Application Procedure Applications, including a letter of motivation (in English or German), should be submitted via the Job Center of the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at ) by no later than 15th January 2021, reference number 11654.
Contact For further information please contact Schaschl, Helmut +43-1-4277-18218, Radlberger, Amy +43-1-4277-18228.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/ ). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Human Resources and Gender Equality of the University of Vienna
Reference number: 11654
Why the University of Vienna?
Attractive Employment Conditions
The University of Vienna salaries are based on the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Staff. The salary is paid 14 times per year. The University also offers a pension scheme and has collective health insurance with the BVA (Austrian Insurance Fund for Civil and Public Servants). The University offers flexible working (based on core hours) and offers childcare and language learning facilities.
Attractive Place to Live
For the tenth year in a row, in 2019 Vienna topped the Mercer Quality of Life Ranking. Lying on the river Danube, the city boasts excellent infrastructure (particularly transportation) and schools, whilst 50% of the city are green areas. The international nature of the city stems from its hosting of many international organisations, notably the United Nations and its position at the heart of central Europe. Austria shares its borders with eight countries.
University Professor Of Didactics Of Chemistry, University of Vienna (Universitaet Wien), Austria, 11 days ago
Application documents: Application letter, including a brief description of: current research interests and research plans for the immediate future current and planned foci in academic teaching an...
Technician (Project Employment) / Origins Of Pediatric Bone Sarcomas Using Developmental And Trans ..., University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna, Austria, 14 days ago
The Department of Biotechnology, Institute of Cell and Tissue Culture Technologies is currently seeking a Technician (project employment). Extent of employment: 30 hours per week Duration of emplo...
Tenure Track, Rectorate, Austria, 14 days ago
Open to new ideas. Since 1365. The University of Vienna is a research university with high international visibility and a wide range of degree programmes. We are committed to basic research that ...
Program Manager Department Of Economics And Business, Central European University, Hungary, about 21 hours ago
Position: Staff Location: Vienna Status: Full-time Unit: Department of Economics and Business E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Open for Employee Referral Application deadline: Open until filled Starting ...
Eu Project Officer, CETIM, Spain, 8 days ago
Minimum 2 year experience in the dynamization, writing, submission and management of EU funded projects: H2020, BBI, LIFE, POCTEP, SUDOE, etc. Including: Dynamization: Promotion of the Centre; ide...
Computational Biology/Bioinformatics Scientist To Join The Superti Furga Lab, CeMM - Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Austria, 20 days ago
Computational Biology/Bioinformatics Scientist to Join the Superti-Furga Lab CeMM - Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences Vienna, Austria Do you want to be par...