Requisition Id 6060
The purpose of this position is to support accounts receivable and SPP functions within the Business Services Directorate at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL). The incumbent will assist Supervisor of Accounts Receivable (AR) and Strategic Partnership Projects Funding Office (SPPFO) with various assignments and other projects as they are assigned.
- Serves as subject matter expert for SPP funding within ORNL and Department of Energy-Oak Ridge Operations (DOE-OSO). Gives work direction to other members of funding and billing staff as needed.
- Interfaces with other professional level staff at other federal agencies and serves as the spokesperson for ORNL in that role.
- Uses professional judgement and discretion while working independently on SPPFO tasks relating to SPP contracts with other federal agencies.
- Responsible for processing funding packages for all federal agencies related to SPP projects.
- Serves as subject matter expert for Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tool for SPPFO.
- Facilitates all phases of federal funding acceptance which include follow-up with DOE-OSO, ORNL finance officers, researchers, and senior management when applicable.
- Provide support to management through research of funding, cost, and billing discrepancies, as necessary.
- Provides budgetary and allotment guidance to ORNL staff and DOE staff.
- Prepare necessary monthly and quarterly status reports and perform other duties as assigned on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Prepare reconciliations and audit functions as assigned.
- Prepare and assist with year end requirements related to Accounts Receivable and SPPFO as assigned.
- Participate or complete special projects as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with environment, safety, health, and quality program requirements.
- Maintains strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of values and ethics.
Qualifications Required: Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field and a minimum of 5-7 years of experience with federal and/or commercial contracts, funding, or receivables management, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience in a finance area. Demonstrated ability and willingness to responsibly maintain work requirements and meet stringent deadlines on a daily basis, applying self-initiative and capability for working in an autonomous and independent manner with minimum direction. Excellent attention to detail and well-developed written and oral communication skills are required. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential. Requires proficiency in applying accounting principles, policies, procedures, and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Position requires superior human relations skills that promote effective and positive interactions with a diverse group of others, both internal and external to the company. Candidate should have the ability to become familiar with the ORNL accounting system and external business applications in order to proficiently perform responsible tasks. Proficiency in PC Microsoft Office, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases, such as Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat and Word is required.
Qualifications Desired: Knowledge of UT-Battelle and DOE accounting systems, policies, and procedures is desired. Experience with SAP and other software applications is preferred.
Work Direction and Interfaces: Position reports to the Manager of Accounts Receivable and Strategic Partnership Projects Funding Office.
Measures of Effectiveness:
- Successfully performs assigned responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Successfully completes special projects as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Proficient use of UT-Battelle and DOE accounting systems to ensure efficiency and compliance.
- Works effectively with others, both internal and external to ORNL.
- Effective and efficient resolution of problems and/or issues that arise.
- Keeps supervisor informed of any that arise which may have an impact on successful and/or compliant operations.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Section Head, Biocomputing And Information, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States, about 3 hours ago
Overview We are seeking a Section Head in the area of Biocomputing and Information within the Biological Sciences Division of the Biological and Environmental Systems Science Directorate. Selectio...
Senior Research Scientist, Mathematics For Material Science, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States, about 8 hours ago
Overview The Multiscale Methods (MM) Group at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is seeking a highly motivated senior scientist to develop and lead a research program in mathematics research for...
Research Scientist, Multi Scale Mathematics, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States, about 8 hours ago
Overview The Multiscale Methods (MM) Group at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is seekly research scientists with specialties in a variety of computational mathematics areas, including multisc...
Data Systems Engineer Iii, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States, about 3 hours ago
Purpose: The Environmental Sciences Division (ESD) of Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) has an opening for a Data Systems Engineer in its Earth Sciences Informatics portfolio. You will help dev...