ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – AVIATION (PART TIME)
Olive-Harvey College is currently seeking a part time instructor for the Aviation Technology Program. Aviation courses introduces the theory and basic skills needed to assist aircraft sheet metal mechanics and to perform aircraft sheet metal modification and repair. Students develop skills in pattern layout, drilling, riveting, sheet metal bending, simple repairs, safely use basic hand and machine tools, identify basic material and hardware, common fastener installation/ removal, corrosion removal/treatment and print reading used in aircraft maintenance.
If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Associate's degree in Aviation Maintenance, Technology, or Management. A&P Certification OR related work experience may substitute for the degree concentration requirement.
- Three to five years of experience teaching in the Aviation field.
- Knowledge of Brightspace System, preferred
- Maintain office hours for advising, mentoring, and coaching students.
- Development and revisions of courses and instructional materials as necessary.
- Post syllabi and grades on Brightspace.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college.
- All interested candidates, including current City Colleges of Chicago employees, must submit the following documents for review.
- A letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- A statement of your teaching philosophy
- A legible copy of your college transcripts (Unofficial transcripts initially accepted, official transcripts must be provided at time of interview.)
- Two letters of recommendation.
We are an equal and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Adjunct Faculty – Sociology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, United States, about 8 hours ago
Job Description: Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (TCSPP) is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished...
Assistant Director, Student Life, The University of Chicago, United States, 22 days ago
Department Booth Full-Time MBA: Student Life 3 About the Department The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none when it c...
Student Worker, Office Of Instructional Technology, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 13 hours ago
Location: Hammond, IN, US Provide first level support for faculty, staff, and students through Virtual Help Desk (Zoom), phone, email, or face-to-face, to solve technical concerns related, but not...
Lecturer, Master Of Science In Threat And Response Management Autumn 2021 , The University of Chicago, United States, 8 days ago
The University of Chicago Academic Jobs Lecturer, Master of Science in Threat and Response Management-Autumn 2021 Graham School of Continuing Liberal and Professional Studies Position Type: Other ...
Director, Evening & Weekend Lead, The University of Chicago, United States, 12 days ago
Department Booth Leadership Development for MBA Programs About the Department The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none...
Director Of The Master Of Liberal Arts Program, The University of Chicago, United States, 16 days ago
Department Graham MLA Program Staff About the Department Since the University of Chicago’s founding in 1890, the Graham School of Continuing Liberal and Professional Studies has served as the cent...