Requisition Id 6042
We are seeking an Administrive Assistant who will support the Biological and Environmental Systems Science Directorate at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
- Schedule appointments, meetings, conference rooms, vehicles, and other resources as needed.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel, process travel receipts, expense reports and reconciliation.
- Plan and coordinate onsite visits with DOE Headquarter sponsors, industry and academia. Enter visitors in PAS, prepare agendas, reserve rooms, and arrange tours.
- Prepare correspondence, Field Work Proposals and other presentation materials according to ORNL Guidelines and via Microsoft Office software packages, route accordingly.
- Answer phones, route phone calls to appropriate staff member and disseminate information.
- Maintain a professional office atmosphere; greet and receive vistors (in person and over the phone) in a businesslike, courteous manners; establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff members and external contacts and perform administrative duties as assigned.
- Verify, exchange, and disseminate information as appropriate; maintain files and records as needed.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, workshops, conferences, registration and communications with attendees.
- Keep current on ORNL business rules, procedures, and systems.
- Ensure compliance with environment, safety, health, and quality program requirements.
- Maintain strong commitment to the impemenation and perpetuation of values and ethics.
- Maintain consistent, reliable work schedule during core business hours to meet the needs of staff.
- A high school diploma and at least 2 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Teams, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Sharepoint, One Note, and One Drive).
- 4 years of relevant administrative experience.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in business, communications or relevant field is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- A working knowledge of administrative policies and procedures; familiarity with or ability to learn ORNL Administrative Systems.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and to participate creatively in collaborative teams across the laboratory
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced research environment, set priorities to accomplish multiple tasks within deadlines, and adapt to ever changing needs.
- 2 or 4 year degree in business, communications or relevant field is preferred.
For more information about our benefits, working here, and living here, visit the “About” tab at jobs.ornl.gov.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Section Head, Biocomputing And Information, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States, about 5 hours ago
Overview We are seeking a Section Head in the area of Biocomputing and Information within the Biological Sciences Division of the Biological and Environmental Systems Science Directorate. Selectio...
Senior Research Scientist, Mathematics For Material Science, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States, about 9 hours ago
Overview The Multiscale Methods (MM) Group at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is seeking a highly motivated senior scientist to develop and lead a research program in mathematics research for...
Research Scientist, Multi Scale Mathematics, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States, about 9 hours ago
Overview The Multiscale Methods (MM) Group at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is seekly research scientists with specialties in a variety of computational mathematics areas, including multisc...
Data Systems Engineer Iii, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States, about 5 hours ago
Purpose: The Environmental Sciences Division (ESD) of Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) has an opening for a Data Systems Engineer in its Earth Sciences Informatics portfolio. You will help dev...