Requisition Id 6048
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is the largest US Department of Energy science and energy laboratory, conducting basic and applied research to deliver transformative solutions to compelling problems in energy and security. Our diverse capabilities span a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines, enabling the Laboratory to explore fundamental science challenges and to carry out the research needed to accelerate the delivery of solutions to the marketplace.
The National Security Sciences Directorate (NSSD) leads scientific and technological breakthroughs to confront some of the nation’s most difficult security challenges. We develop applications needed for the security of our nation today and target our vision on how these challenges may manifest themselves in a decade or more. Our multi-disciplinary teams are passionate about creating science-based solutions to complex security threats that put public safety, national defense, energy infrastructure, and the economy at risk.
NSSD seeks applications for an Administrative Assistant to support the Directorate’s Front Office Operations, Chief Operations Officer (COO), and Nuclear Nonproliferation Program Office. This role will be responsible for supporting the efficiency and effectiveness of these groups by assuming and executing administrative and operations team support tasks and projects, coordinating with other Administrative Assistants within the Directorate and across the laboratory, and engaging with colleagues, partners and directorate leadership in a positive, professional and diplomatic manner. The successful applicant must demonstrate the ability to operate with informed discretion as responsibilities may span both classified and unclassified spaces.
- Under supervision of the Directorate’s Administrative Services Coordinator, this position is responsible for performing a wide variety of support functions including:
- Manage schedules and meetings for assigned groups using Outlook Calendar, Teams and other office management tools.
- Assist in preparing and managing communications, including reports, meeting notes, presentations, and announcements.
- Track, coordinate, and follow actions/responses to ensure timely completion.
- Support and complete administrative projects, as part of the NSSD operations support team.
- Support development and maintenance of internal web, document storage and SharePoint sites for the Directorate.
- Engage with matrixed team members to ensure timely, responsive engagement in matrixed activities.
- Coordinate travel of assigned groups, including arrangements for transportation, lodging, and itineraries.
- Serve as Education Coordinator for the Directorate
- Implement effective contractor assurance mechanisms (metrics, measures, and reporting mechanisms) for assigned management systems and program elements that provides for real-time assessment of ESH&Q performance
- Manage implementation of effective incident response, reporting and corrective action management for ESH&Q
- A high school diploma and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- An Associate’s Degree or higher in secretarial sciences, business administration, or related field and/or applicable professional certification.
- Proficiency with computer systems and their applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, and other commonly used office applications.
- Ability to maintain a consistent work schedule during business hours.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently, take on new challenges and learn new skills or approaches.
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced environment, set priorities to accomplish multiple tasks within deadlines, and adapt to changing needs/priorities.
- Demonstrate a high degree of expertise in office management and administration.
- Expertise and previous experience in planning, scheduling, and coordinating workshops, and meetings.
- Familiarity with project management principals, and the ability to effectively manage projects, from start to finish.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy. As such, this position is a Workplace Substance Abuse (WSAP) testing designated position. WSAP positions require passing a pre-placement drug test and participation in an ongoing random drug testing program.
For more information about our benefits, working here, and living here, visit the “About” tab at jobs.ornl.gov.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Section Head, Biocomputing And Information, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States, 2 days ago
Overview We are seeking a Section Head in the area of Biocomputing and Information within the Biological Sciences Division of the Biological and Environmental Systems Science Directorate. Selectio...
Senior Research Scientist, Mathematics For Material Science, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States, about 2 hours ago
Overview The Multiscale Methods (MM) Group at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is seeking a highly motivated senior scientist to develop and lead a research program in mathematics research for...
Research Scientist, Multi Scale Mathematics, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States, about 2 hours ago
Overview The Multiscale Methods (MM) Group at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is seekly research scientists with specialties in a variety of computational mathematics areas, including multisc...
Dietitian Athletics, University of Tennessee, United States, about 1 month ago
Dietitian - Athletics - 21000000SS Description Dietician - Athletics Regular Full-time, Market Range 10 The Assistant Director of Sports Nutrition provides individual and group/team nutrition serv...
Sr. Laboratory Safety Specialist Chemical, Environmental Health & Safety, University of Tennessee, United States, about 1 month ago
Sr. Laboratory Safety Specialist - Chemical, Environmental Health & Safety - 21000000PE Description Sr. Laboratory Safety Specialist – Chemical Regular Full-time, MR09, Salary DOE&Q Position Descr...
Temporary Field Technician – Neon Program – Nationwide, National Ecology Observatory Network, United States, about 2 months ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyNational Ecology Observatory NetworkLocationOak Ridge, TNJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalary$14.5...