Stanford University is seeking an Administrative Associate 2 to provide administrative and operational support working under general supervision. This AA2 opportunity offers an exciting position within the School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics and will function as part of an administrative team within a new cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) facility that is developing innovative cell and gene-based therapies for the treatment of disease and the promotion of health in pediatric and adult patients. The Laboratory for Cell and Gene Medicine (LCGM) is a ~10k ft2 multi-product biologics manufacturing facility and will provide regulatory, quality systems, process development and manufacturing support to the School of Medicine, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Health Care (SHC) in developing cell and gene therapies for Phase I/II clinical trials.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approved content on websites.
- May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. time cards, I9s, and/or faculty affairs support.
- May guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
General office environment.
Research Associate/Programmer Analyst (2 Positions), The California State University, United States, 27 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 500746 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: May 25, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Link...
Recruitment And Events Associate, The California State University, United States, 15 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 500803 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: June 4, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Link...
Research Associate Experimental (Atlas), FUNDAMENTAL PHYSICS DIRECTORATE, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position ID:Stanford University / SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory -FUNDAMENTAL PHYSICS DIRECTORATE -RAATLAS6 [#18818] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Menlo Park,...
Part Time Operations Assistant San Jose, Ca, Northeastern University, United States, 22 days ago
Part-Time Operations Assistant - San Jose, CA About Northeastern: Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Ou...
Assistant Biologist Temporary Position: California, Santa Clara Valley Water District, United States, 8 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencySanta Clara Valley Water DistrictLocationSan Jose, CaliforniaJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalaryT...
Postdoctoral Scientist, Stanford University, United States, about 6 hours ago
First name Required Last name Required Email address Required Upload your resumeRequired Upload from your computer Or import from cloud storage Your Resume must be a .doc, .pdf, .docx, .rtf, and n...