Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Dedicated to discovering causes, prevention, treatments, and cures, Yerkes National Primate Research Center (NPRC) is fighting diseases and improving human health and lives worldwide. One of seven NPRCs funded by the NIH, Yerkes conducts studies that make breakthrough discoveries possible. Learn more at http://www.yerkes.emory.edu/
Collaborate. Innovate. Serve. These three simple words capture what we do at Yerkes to help advance science and improve the health and well-being of humans and non-human primates. If you are someone with bioinformatics and computer science experience, like writing code to solve biological problems, and love programing this is an amazing opportunity to indirectly save and change lives and make a positive impact in the science and research community.
The Genomics Core within Yerkes National Primate Research Center at Emory University is currently seeking a full time Bioinformatics Analyst to work on COVID-19 data analysis. This position will work as part of a large, NIH funded multi-center consortium to use functional genomics to analyze a massive, longitudinal cohort of 1,000 SARS-CoV-2 infected patients. The position will allow for the successful applicant to obtain any necessary additional computational training to complete the project. The position may also offer the opportunity to write and publish several manuscripts from this and other projects.
The ideal candidate should be motivated, dependable, detail-oriented, have a positive attitude and passion research. The Bioinformatics Analyst will be a team player who is willing to learn on the job and collaborate with lab members and center members. The Bioinformatics Analyst will work to ensure the highest quality of laboratory research support, and has good communication skills with co-workers, the management team, PI’s, research staff, students, and other support services.
- Maintains software, hardware and the network in a bioinformatics setting or molecular modeling laboratory.
- Supervises regular updates and recommends state-of-the-art enhancements.
- Analyzes high throughput screening data and performs structure activity analyses to generate predictive correlations.
- Applies a limited range of molecular modeling tools to refinement of high throughput screening hits.
- Presents the models in a form that allows users to make decisions concerning the direction of an experimental program.
- single-cell RNA-Seq data
- Whole genome sequence data
- 10X Genomics single-cell and phased sequence data
- T lymphocyte and B lymphocyte repertoire sequences
- data from other Next Generation Sequencing applications
- Management and dissemination of datasets
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A master's degree in chemistry, biochemistry, bioinformatics or related field.
- Two years of experience in bioinformatics and/or computational chemistry.
- Applicant with a background in bioinformatics and strong computer science with an advanced degree in computational biology, bioinformatics or a related computer science discipline preferred
- Demonstrable experience writing code to solve biological problems
- R/Bioconductor proficiency highly preferred
- Experience working with RNA-SEq is a significant strength
- Programming experience in R, Python, Java or PERL is a significant plus
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING STATEMENT:
Yerkes NPRC in conjunction with Emory University conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which may include an INA and criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications, drug screening, and health assessment. Employment is contingent upon a clear background screening.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Full Time Visiting Faculty In Computer Science, Emory University, United States, about 6 hours ago
* Do not submit application materials through this site. Please only submit applications through https://apply.interfolio.com/88005 Emory University’s Computer Science Department invites applicati...
Southeast Conservation Corps & National Park Service – Ameri Corps Natural Resources Intern – Atlanta, Ga, Southeast Conservation Corps, United States, about 8 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencySoutheast Conservation CorpsLocationAtlanta, GAJob CategoryInternshipsSalary$549/week (paid bi-weekly)Start ...
Associate Branch Head Opto Mechanical Branch (Researcher I/Ii) Eosl, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 5 hours ago
Submit Resume ID:496605 Type:Researchers Location:Atlanta, GA Categories:System Architecture, Hardware Development/Design, Lidar, Mechanical Design & Analysis, Military Vehicles, Modeling/Simulati...
Associate Branch Head Opto Mechanical Branch (Senior Researcher) Eosl, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 5 hours ago
Associate Branch Head Opto-Mechanical Branch (Senior Researcher) -- EOSL Submit Resume ID:496467 Type:Researchers Location:Atlanta, GA Categories:System Architecture, Hardware Development/Design, ...
Branch Head (Open Systems Development Branch) Elsys, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 5 hours ago
Submit Resume ID:496621 Type:Researchers Location:Atlanta, GA Categories:System Architecture, Embedded Systems, Electronic Warfare, Instrumentation, Military Vehicles, Project/Program Management, ...
Professor Of Interior Design, Savannah College of Art and Design, United States, about 15 hours ago
Position Details Location: Atlanta Position Number F01704 Position Type: Full Time Position Title Professor of Interior Design Specialty: Category: Work Year: Academic Year Posting Text SCAD Atlan...