The Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) will join the Gastroenterology (GI) Division and responsibilities will include coordination of clinical research studies related to liver disease and liver transplantation. The CRC will perform independently at the fully operational journey level of the series to execute, manage, and coordinate research protocols, as directed by the Principal Investigator (PI); may coordinate the data collection and operations of several concurrent clinical research studies under the guidelines of research protocols, UCSF and regulating agency policies. The CRC will work on two externally-funded community-based hepatitis C virus (HCV) projects. The first, DeLIVER Care, provides HCV screening and low-threshold standard of care HCV treatment at various locations in San Francisco on a mobile van. The second, the RAPID-HCV study, is a clinical trial designed to study the feasibility, acceptability, and effectiveness of HCV treatment initiation in a methadone clinic, a fixed site in San Francisco . The CRC will also work on an National Institutes of Health (NIH) -sponsored study evaluating fatty liver disease in persons living with HIV.
The CRC’s duties may include management and coordinating the tasks of multiple clinical research studies. The CRC will act as intermediary between services and departments while overseeing data and specimen management; manage and report on study results; create, clean, update, and manage databases and comprehensive datasets and reports; coordinate staff work schedules, assist with training of Assistant CRCs, and assist PI supervisor with oversight of other research staff; manage Investigator’s protocols in the Committee on Human Research (CHR) online system, as well as renewals and modifications of protocol applications and the implementation of new studies; participate in the review and writing of protocols to ensure institutional review board approval within University compliance; help assure compliance with all relevant regulatory agencies; oversee study data integrity; implement and maintain periodic quality control procedures; interface with departments to obtain UCSF approval prior to study initiation; maintain all regulatory documents; report study progress to investigators; participate in any internal and external audits or reviews of study protocols.
Research in gastrointestinal and liver diseases is active in the UCSF Division of Gastroenterology (GI). The division has a longstanding reputation for excellence in hepatology research and has a growing investigative program in luminal gastroenterology. Faculty in the Division of Gastroenterology contribute to discovery in several areas, ranging from the identification of basic mechanisms of GI disease, to the improvement of outcomes following liver transplantation, to the optimization of GI care in resource-poor settings. The division also provides comprehensive training in GI research through its postdoctoral programs.
• HS graduation or General Education Diploma and sufficient experience and demonstrated skills to successfully perform the assigned duties and responsibilities
• Attention to detail; strong interpersonal skills; excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with subjects, team members, other departments and outside institutions; and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse subject population
• Ability to work well independently, complete projects in a timely manner, and prioritize multiple projects to ensure the completion of essential tasks by deadlines
• BA or BS degree in physical or biological sciences and one year of clinical research experience
• California phlebotomy license
• Fluency in the usage of Committee of Human Research (CHR) online iMedRIS system for submission, renewal, and modification of protocols through this system
• Understanding of patient population to create rapport and a relationship, while also giving insight to what is realistic and appropriate for patient participation
• Experience with electronic medical records
• Knowledge of UCSF and departmental policies for dealing with reimbursement, guidelines for research, confidentiality and Health Information and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations, following the UCSF mission statement and purpose for research, and clear understanding of policies and procedures on patient safety and confidentiality (electronic and hard copy medical records, patient charts, communication, etc.)
• Knowledge of medical terminology, research policies and guidelines, guidelines for packing/shipping infectious substances, database building/analysis, and data management within some of the following: Access, Stata, SASS/SPSS, and Teleform programming platforms
• Experience working with programs serving people experiencing homelessness and/or substance dependence
• Experience applying the following regulations and guidelines:
Good Clinical Practice Guidelines
The Protection of Human Research Subjects
CHR regulations for recruitment and consent of research subjects
Effective Cash Handling Procedures
Environmental Health and Safety Training
Fire Safety Training
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
009335 CLIN RSCH CRD
Parnassus Heights (SF)
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday variable, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Department Administrator, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States, about 23 hours ago
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL ) Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO ) Division has an opening for a Department Administrator to join the team. In this exciting role, you will mana...
Director Of Enrollment Marketing, University of San Francisco, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title: Director of Enrollment Marketing Job Summary: The University of San Francisco is looking for a Director of Enrollment Marketing to lead our marketing strategies for undergraduate studen...
Risk Programs Coordinator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt Ii) Enterprise Risk Management, The California State University, United States, 4 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 501012 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: June 7, 2021 Closing Date: June 7, 2022 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Link...
Associate Director, Clinical Virology, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 22 hours ago
Position Description: Vir Biotechnology is seeking an experienced and highly motivated scientist to join our Clinical Virology team in a leadership role, focused on managing pre-clinical research ...
Regional Recruiter (California) Office Of Undergraduate Admissions, University of Tennessee, United States, about 5 hours ago
Regional Recruiter (California) - Office of Undergraduate Admissions - 21000000ZL Description Office of Undergraduate Admissions Division of Enrollment Management University of Tennessee, Knoxvill...
Assistant Dean Of Students And Director Of Community Living, University of San Francisco, United States, 9 days ago
Job Title: Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Community Living Job Summary: The Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Community Living is a senior member of the Dean of Students team ...