CDR SDA Admin
Under the general supervision of the Sr. Associate Athletic Director of Operations and Facilities, the SDA Services and Facilities Coordinator independently coordinates activities and functions of Athletic Operations and Facilities (AOF) to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with priorities, time constraints, funding limitations, and University policies. Primary point of contact for work order requests to initiate facility repairs supporting all of the athletic program’s 26 sports. Makes recommendations for the resolution of issues and provides follow-up. Adheres to NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations as well as the policies of the department, the university and the Arizona Board of Regents. Reports to the Sr. Associate Athletic Director of Operations and Facilities.
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
Depends on experience
- Ensures departmental policies and procedures are adhered to by staff and vendors.
- Makes recommendations for development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures. Creates and maintains departmental procedure manual, updating as necessary.
- Develops, implements, and revises work methods and procedures ensuring the efficient function of the unit.
- Coordinates work order requests, purchase orders, and any special projects as assigned by AOF administrators. Applies functional knowledge and analyses in responding to all such requests, utilizing comprehensive knowledge of policies and procedures in prioritizing processes.
- Monitors work orders for tracking of progress and costing in order to improve processes.
- Initiates and coordinates difficult projects with other departments as well as outside vendors and interacts with other departmental and vendor personnel to accomplish objectives and meet needs and requests.
- Analyzes and independently resolves complaints and/or problems related to work order requests, event staging, and invoices. Responds either verbally or in writing to all inquiries, complaints, and problems.
- Prepares data collection, analysis, and creates reports relating to work orders and departmental budgets.
- Reconciles work order charges, purchase orders, invoices and budgets with work order requests and event staging for all sport tournaments and bowl games held at ASU facilities.
- Assists in planning and monitoring of AOF budgets.
- Processes all invoices through ARMS.
- Serves as liaison between AOF and outside vendors, FACMAN, and other organizations.
- Obtains work estimates for all work orders and presents comparisons to the staff members responsible for the decision-making.
- Initiates and processes purchase orders through the university business office for all work orders and event staffing for each fiscal year.
- Issues department keys to staff, manages department key logs, and responsible for maintaining security of all keys.
- Coordinates all Independent Contractor paperwork, adhering to policies and procedures.
- Coordinates FACMAN staffing and scheduling for all home events, as assigned.
- Works all home football games, as directed.
- Maintains departmental documentation and files for AOF, following guidelines as indicated in applicable policies.
- Utilizes a variety of software systems, which may include PeopleSoft, ARMS, Workday, and Smartsheets to accomplish tasks.
- May serve on RFP committee to select third party vendors to support facility and event operations.
Bachelor's degree in a related field and three (3) years of experience in the program of assignment; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Workday experience.
- ARMS experience.
- FACMAN system experience.
- Key management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of institutional policies, procedures, and terminology specific to area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations related to athletic events staging.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of account reconciliation and budgeting.
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Experience in coordinating and prioritizing work and activities of self and others.
- Experience in making sound, independent decisions on the spot under time constraints.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Communicate to perform essential functions
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
- May be required to work nights, holidays, and weekends to support home events.
The mission of Sun Devil Athletics (SDA) is to provide opportunities for student-athletes to achieve at the highest levels of both academic and athletic excellence, thereby providing them with opportunities for personal growth, offering a unifying force to the campus community, and creating a source of pride among and support from the external constituencies of the university.
SDA is fully committed to the principles of student-athlete welfare, institutional control, gender and ethnic diversity, and sportsmanship. This commitment includes creating an environment where student-athletes contribute to a winning tradition while enhancing the campus and local community and competing in a program having integrity and high ethical standards. SDA is committed to a leadership role within the university, community, the Pac-12 Conference, and the nation.
SDA is committed to recruit, retain and develop a diversified workforce.
ASU offers a tuition discount for the employee, their spouse and dependents and a competitive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, health insurance and more. For more benefits information, please visit http://cfo.asu.edu/hr-benefitsenrollment.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
To be considered, your application must include the following:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references (personal references are not accepted)
Please include all employment information in month and year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Senior Manager, Fire And Life Safety, Dallas County Community College District, United States, 8 days ago
Apply now Job no:501434 Work type:Full-time Location:Various locations Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00) Working Title Senior Manager, Fire and Life Safety Job Title Code CQC Salary Level N...
Marketing Content Specialist, McGill University, Canada, about 5 hours ago
Position Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director Athletics and Recreation will oversee and lead the areas of Varsity and Competitive Sport Programs, Student-Athlete Recruitment, Admissions a...
Fire And Life Safety Technician, Dallas County Community College District, United States, 8 days ago
Apply now Job no:501433 Work type:Full-time Location:District Office Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00) Working Title Fire and Life Safety Technician Job Title Code CXI Salary Level N05 Sala...
Deputy Athletic Director For Governance And Student Services, Brown University, United States, 16 days ago
Job Description: The Deputy Athletic Director for Governance and Student Services serves as a member of the Division of Athletics and Recreation Executive Leadership Team, and oversees athletic go...
Night Steward, McGill University, Canada, 11 days ago
Position Summary: Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, performs surveillance duties in University buildings and grounds in order to ensure protection against fire, theft, vandalism, or...
Athletic Eligibility Certification Analyst, University of Mississippi, United States, about 24 hours ago
Note for Current UM Employees Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu Definition of Class This position certifies the student athletes’ eligibility to practice ...