The Academic Programs Coordinator Sr. implements curriculum and operational support activities for the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College to contribute to the delivery of undergraduate and graduate programs.
ASU’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College seeks a high-performing, positive, service-oriented individual with excellent attention to detail to work with our faculty and staff. An ideal candidate will enjoy preventing and solving operations problems for several programs that serve thousands of students and works well under pressure and without constant oversight. A strong candidate will be comfortable and adept at providing program-related administrative support to the Director of Academic Operations, the Division Directors, and the faculty leading individual programs. They will also demonstrate a commitment to advancing her/his team’s professional development and advancement. The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative and independent judgment in both routine and non-routine situations.
This position is full-time and reports to the Director of Academic Operations.
MLFTC Div Ed Ldshp & Innov/Wst
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$43,100 - $56,800 per year; DOE
- Manage Division’s staffing and scheduling operation
- Conduct initial review of schedules
- Prepare and publish non-degree-seeking course offerings
- Track and implement scheduling changes
- Assign full-time faculty as directed
- Assist with hiring of part-time faculty and academic professionals each session
- Confirm availability and willingness of recommended individuals
- Send, receive, and forward appropriate initial paperwork for part-time session hires
- Maintain and update orientation materials for part-time faculty
- Connect new part-time faculty with problem-solving resources
- Collaborate in academic processes each term/session
- Attend essential meetings each term/session and support the Director in preparing for such meetings
- Maintain and contribute to process development and documentation
- Collaborate with other MLFTC/ASU staff and academic professionals in updating key documents
- Maintain and update essential records and files, per division procedures, including but not limited to the following:
- Incomplete requests
- Applications for Faculty Associate and Academic Associate (part-time instructional) positions in selected programs
- Faculty requests for summer teaching
- Maintain direct contact and excellent collaborative relationships with MLFTC colleagues and also personnel of various outside organizations and university departments
- Improve core division functions by actively solving problems as they appear and making recommendations to Director in improving existing policies/processes/protocols
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND five (5) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in logistical support in higher education
- Experience working in higher education, including a knowledge of academic and administrative policies and procedures and evidence of successful collaboration within and across assigned units
- Demonstrated knowledge of common higher education policies and an understanding of the university organizational structure, including knowledge of and experience with academic staffing and scheduling activities, policies and procedures
- Fundamental technical skills in word processing, managing spreadsheets and navigating enterprise-level systems
- Demonstrated evidence of consistently high productivity, attention to detail, coordination, and follow-through in high-demand operations environments
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular climate-controlled office subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse;
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions
ASU’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College creates knowledge, mobilizes people and takes action to improve education. Nationally recognized as a leading innovator in teacher education and scholarly research, Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College prepares over 6,600 educators annually.
MLFTC faculty create knowledge by drawing from a wide range of academic disciplines to gain insight into important questions about the process of learning, the practice of teaching and the effects of education policy.
MLFTC mobilizes people through bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs, through non-degree professional development programs and through socially embedded, multilateral community engagement.
MLFTC takes action by bringing people and ideas together to increase the capabilities of individual educators and the performance of education systems.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Senior Manager, Fire And Life Safety, Dallas County Community College District, United States, 8 days ago
Apply now Job no:501434 Work type:Full-time Location:Various locations Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00) Working Title Senior Manager, Fire and Life Safety Job Title Code CQC Salary Level N...
Fire And Life Safety Technician, Dallas County Community College District, United States, 8 days ago
Apply now Job no:501433 Work type:Full-time Location:District Office Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00) Working Title Fire and Life Safety Technician Job Title Code CXI Salary Level N05 Sala...
Night Steward, McGill University, Canada, 11 days ago
Position Summary: Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, performs surveillance duties in University buildings and grounds in order to ensure protection against fire, theft, vandalism, or...
Senior Graduate Academic Advisor, Temple University, United States, 22 days ago
Senior Graduate Academic Advisor - (21001332) Description The Senior Advisor is responsible for comprehensive student academic advising and services for graduate students in the School of Social W...
Laboratory Technician & Estates Support (Dubai) Dubai Operations 97569 Grade 6 , University of Birmingham, United Arab Emirates, about 14 hours ago
Laboratory Technician & Estates Support (Dubai) - Dubai Operations - 97569 - Grade 6 - (21000119) Description Position Details Dubai Professional Services, External Relations University of Birmin...
Administrative Support Coordinator 3, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 23 days ago
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS: If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process . ...