Apply now Job no:501433
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Fire and Life Safety Technician
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 - $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
The Dallas College Facilities Management Department supports the facility needs for Dallas College while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the College's physical assets. The Facilities Management Department is responsible for approximately 5,000,000 sq. ft. of physical space and over 1400 acres of land, located across multiple locations in Dallas County. The position of Fire and Life Safety Technician supports this effort by ensuring College buildings fire and life safety systems are in safe working order and code compliant across all Dallas College locations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures that affect clients and/or employees, applying them fairly and consistently.
• Able to perform quality, service, and safety inspections, monitor employees for proper use of personal protective equipment, supplies, and equipment.
• Able to gather, compile, and analyze data/information and prepare reports as requested.
• Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple assignments and projects, create detailed action plans, as well as the ability to adapt to changing priorities, deadlines, and directions.
• Demonstrate positive working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Associates degree and three (3) years related experience, or six (6) years related experience. Official transcripts required.
• Have a working knowledge of NFPA, ICC, and other relevant codes and standards.
• Experience in repair, installation, and programming across multiple fire alarm platforms.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 am to 5:00 pm workday including nights and weekends.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
• Licensed in Texas Fire Alarm Technician (FAL) or ability to obtain license within six (6) months. Official license will be required.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations; and applies best practices that are in direct support of the overall vision, mission, and goals of the college.
• Provides advanced level technical expertise of the construction, installation, operation and maintenance of fire and life safety systems and their components.
• Responsible for ensuring the proper installation, maintenance, modification, compliance and repair of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression and other life safety systems.
• Ensures appropriate maintenance of records, the preparation of reports and requisitions for all areas assigned. Maintain quality control standards in all areas assigned.
• Resolves challenges that surface from daily operations.
• Responsible for assigned budget allocation and assists in yearly budget preparation with administrative staff by providing insight, input, and expertise.
• Primary liaison with contracted services for assigned areas.
• Responsible for determining and implementing specific training needs based on specialized area(s).
• Ensures that the College fire and life safety systems are of the highest quality across all Dallas College locations and performs preventive maintenance and assists in troubleshooting and repairing the fire protection systems within the scope of licensing and regulations.
• Performs tests of safety equipment such as fire detection/alarm systems, standpipe/sprinkler systems, fire hydrants, hood and duct extinguishing systems, fire pumps, emergency lighting, and fire extinguishers.
• Works with other facilities teammates to ensure the highest level of customer service.
• Provides safe, and code compliant fire and life safety systems for Dallas College students, faculty, and staff.
• Assists other facilities management teams as required.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised:04 Jun 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close:11 Jun 2021 05:00 PM Central Daylight Time
Call For Master Research Grant| Self Sustaining Nozzle (Sap), Association for the Development of Industrial Aerodynamics, Portugal, 16 days ago
This opening corresponds to a Research Grant (BI) for the degree of Master, to be financed by project F3 - Desenvolvimento de um sistema de agulheta portante, with the reference POCI-01-0247-FEDER...
Fire Equipment Specialist (Job Id: 41655), University of Louisville, United States, about 16 hours ago
Job ID: 41655 Location: Physical Plant Minimum Qualifications Up to 18 months of education or training beyond the high school level in Fire Science and/or Electronics and four years of experience ...
Lecturer, The Main School of Fire Service, Poland, 23 days ago
POSITION: lecturer (didactic position) at the Faculty of Safety Engineering and Civil Protection DEDLINE FOR SUBMITTING OFFERS: August 9th , 2021. Futher information is available from: https://bip...
Lecturer, The Main School of Fire Service, Poland, 22 days ago
POSITION: lecturer (didactic position) at the Faculty of Safety Engineering and Civil Protection DEDLINE FOR SUBMITTING OFFERS: August 30rd , 2021. Futher information is available from: https://bi...
Fire Smart Landscaping Science And Education Specialist (Ces 3) Novato, Ca, Job Id 20634, University of California, United States, 5 days ago
County Location : Marin County Date Posted: July 7, 2021 Closing Date: August 1, 2021 Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced community educational and volunteer educational management program prof...
Safety Officer (Lexglimos) For The Cms Experiment (Ep Cmx Sci 2021 89 Ld), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 21 days ago
Introduction Are you a self-motivated engineer or applied physicist with experience in safety of large scientific installations, including aspects related to fire safety, electrical distribution (...