Requisition Id 5806
We have an opening for a Fleet Transportation Specialist in support of the Logistical Services Division at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
We are the largest US Department of Energy science and energy laboratory, conducting basic and applied research to deliver transformative solutions to compelling problems in energy and security. Our diverse capabilities span a broad spectrum of scientific and engineering disciplines, enabling the Laboratory to explore fundamental science challenges and to carry out the research needed to accelerate the delivery of solutions to the marketplace.
The Fleet Transportation Specialist will transport vehicles from campus to off-site vendors for service and repairs. Coordination, planning, and task preparation with the Fleet Manager and other support personnel are essential to ensure that work is conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
- Safely transport vehicles from ORNL to off-site vendors for service and repair
- Collect proper documentation from service centers for record management
- Coordinate with Fleet Manager and support staff on vehicle appointments
- Balance customer needs with resources available
- Communicate clearly and accurately among all applicable participants to ensure goals, schedules and deliverables are satisfied
- Abide by the principles of the Safe Conduct of Research including being personally responsible for ensuring safe operations, raising safety concerns, using a questioning attitude, and considering hazards for every task
- High School Diploma
- A valid driver’s license will be required
- Clean driving record
- A minimum of two years of relevant driving experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, computer skills, organizational skills, knowledge of equipment and machinery, environmental requirements/regulations, and the ability to develop positive customer relations.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Temporary Field Technician – Neon Program – Nationwide, National Ecology Observatory Network, United States, 6 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyNational Ecology Observatory NetworkLocationOak Ridge, TNJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalary$14.5...