Learning Technology Spec
Due to the rapid growth of online programs and constant changes of digital technology integrations, the Online Curriculum and Digital Innovation team in The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Office of the Dean is seeking a talented, service-oriented Learning Technologies Specialist to support faculty and staff with digital initiatives.
Applicants should be motivated to elevate and optimize teaching and learning experiences for the largest college in the largest public university in the United States.
The Online Curriculum and Digital Innovation team assists academic units with new online program development, leads curriculum and digital innovation initiatives on behalf of the Dean's Office, oversees Instructional Design and technology for academic units, and provides large-scale faculty training and professional development.
This unique role will provide the selected candidate the opportunity to innovate at speed and scale through technology implementations and collaborations with key stakeholders across the university.
College Of Lib Arts & Sciences
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$50,000 - $66,500 per year; DOE
- Work closely with a small team in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Interface with faculty and key ASU stakeholders (UTO, EdPlus, leadership, and administration), appropriately representing best interests of The College and the Office of the Dean.
- apply expertise in instructional technology systems and familiarity with instructional design principles to assist the Online team and faculty with implementing digital initiatives.
- Support the technologies required to launch new programs and maintain existing programs in all modalities: online, immersion, and ASU Sync with an emphasis on the digital learning tools that integrate with Canvas.
- Provide a range of services designed and tailored to meet the needs of The College faculty and Instructional Designers, such as technical support, customized training, user documentation and consulting services.
- Partner with faculty and UTO to evaluate learning tools for educational usefulness, cost, and accessibility
- Partner with faculty and UTO to manage the security review process.
- Partner with UTO and EdPlus to demo, plan, test, implement, maintain, and phase out learning technologies.
- Advocate for diversity, inclusion, representation of underrepresented minorities, and Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in service to faculty, staff, and students.
- Identify and recommend solutions for improving access to course content and technologies that are inaccessible to students with disabilities.
- Track industry trends and ASU technology initiatives to provide guidance and recommend solutions that meet online course outcomes and pedagogical goals of new online programs, particularly for high enrollment STEM and natural science courses.
- Provide instructional technology and Canvas support to staff and faculty such as identifying and troubleshooting errors and problems with Canvas and learning tools, and collaborating with stakeholders to facilitate timely resolutions or escalating appropriately.
- Develop faculty-facing communications and documentation about learning technology changes; lead end-user training.
- Assist with updating the Online Team’s Instructional Design website, Instruction Junction.
- Assume or coordinate other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
Associates degree in Technology, Instructional Design, Communications, or closely related AND two (2) years web content, graphic design or electronic publishing; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Bachelor’s in Education or Information Technology and/or Master’s degree in Educational Technology (or equivalent experience).
- Experience providing technical assistance and/or instructional design support to faculty in a higher education environment, including deploying and troubleshooting learning technologies within courses, such as native Canvas functionality (Quizzes, Discussions, Gradebook) and integrated third party tools used for collaboration, media sharing, and remote proctoring.
- Experience evaluating emerging technologies for their potential value for online teaching and learning.
- Interested in/ experience with topics related to STEM and the natural sciences.
- Versed in Universal Design for Learning and assisting with the creation of content in alternative formats for people with disabilities.
- Outspoken advocate of diversity, equity, inclusion, and the representation of underrepresented minorities.
- Experience with backend support of learning/ content management systems, such as course analytics, course access requests, and related issues.
- Experience creating and editing basic HTML web pages.
- Familiarity with digital security and risk management.
- Evidence of growth mindset especially relating to continual development of professional and technical skills and future trends in higher education.
- Experience creating and delivering trainings and large-scale communications.
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Use office equipment including a desktop or laptop computer.
- Clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
- Regular review of completed tasks.
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (The College) is the largest college at ASU and is organized in a divisional structure comprised of Humanities, Natural Sciences, and Social Sciences. The atmosphere is collegial, priorities are fluid and demands for assistance come from many directions. This position provides an opportunity to exercise initiative, work with very diverse populations and enhance leadership skills.
The College offers the greatest choice and diversity of studies of any school at Arizona State University, the largest public university in the United States. In addition to top academic programs, award-winning faculty, and state-of-the-art lab and research facilities, The College offers unique opportunities to explore a vast spectrum of academic disciplines - from science and math to languages and philosophy - that few other colleges and universities can provide. The College has 90+ undergraduate majors and 140+ graduate degrees housed in 23 interdisciplinary schools and departments. The College is redefining liberal arts and sciences education for the 21st century.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Senior Curriculum Designer, University of Maryland University College, United States, about 21 hours ago
Senior Curriculum Designer CBE & Curriculum Design Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.3 Largo, MD or Remote The Senior Curriculum Designer reports directly to the Senior Director of CBE & Cur...
Research Engineer, Integrated Circuit Design Area Of Research, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Job Description The successful candidate will perform research in “Transceiver and sensor interface circuit design for wearable devices worn on and around the body”. He /She will need to Design a ...
Adiunkt (Assistant Professor), UTP University of Science and Technology, Poland, 29 days ago
A Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering and Technical Sciences, discipline: Mechanical Engineering. Fields of academic interest: - machinery, equipment and installations for renewable energy sources...
Senior Learning Designer (Current Aut Employees Only), Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 12 days ago
Use your learning design experience to make a real difference Contribute to the teaching and learning quality and innovation for AUT Full time, permanent position based in Auckland CBD We have ano...
Professor In Building Technology And Design , Technical University of Denmark ;, Denmark, 25 days ago
The Section for Design and Processes covers design of new facilities as well as retrofitting of existing facilities in the built environment based on research within building design in Denmark and...
Faculty Positions In Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Engineering FACULTY OPENINGS AT THE SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY The Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is Singapore’s fifth autonomous university and was founded with the vision to lead...