Skip to Main Content
- Search Jobs
- Job Alerts
- Create Account
- Log In
Maint Spv, U Housing Facility
Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
Priority review date 6/1/2021.
|Job Title||Maint Spv, U Housing Facility|
|Working Title||Maintenance Supervisor|
|Patient Sensitive Job Code?||No|
|Standard Hours per Week||40|
|Full Time or Part Time?||Full Time|
|Work Schedule Summary||
Most work will be done between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday. However during busy seasons such as move-in, move-out, and summer conferences, weekend and overtime hours may be necessary. This position supervises maintenance-on-call rotation and is responsible to ensure appropriate after-hour response to maintenance related incidents and events as needed
|Department||00307 - Housing & Residential Educ|
|City||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Type of Recruitment||External Posting|
|Pay Rate Range||$50,000|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
Located in Salt Lake City, the University of Utah is a public, 4-year institution committed to providing an exceptional academic and co-curricular experience for students and the University community. The “U” is a PAC-12 institution with over 33,000 students. Heritage Commons is home to 3,500 students who live in the 2002 Winter Olympic athlete village, residing in 20 co-ed residence halls and 10 apartment buildings. In addition, Housing & Residential Education (has two apartment buildings located in downtown Salt Lake City that constitute Downtown Commons. Heritage Commons constitutes 868K square feet and Downtown Commons is 26K square feet. Housing & Residential Education is growing with a 412-bed Entrepreneur-Innovation Living Learning complex (160K square feet) that opened August 2016 and a new residence hall that opened fall 2020. The University Housing Campus Master plan calls for continued growth and construction to meet the housing demand.
Housing & Residential Education and the University of Utah value interactions among individuals with varying traditions, cultures, identities, expressions, orientation, religious beliefs, economic backgrounds, and racial/ethnic origins. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who will share and explore this value with the team and with the residents.
Housing & Residential Education (HRE) is a comprehensive department. Housing options include residence hall suites, undergraduate apartments, and historic homes which serve as Living Learning Communities. In-House facilities staff includes maintenance, custodial, and warehouse employees.
The Maintenance Supervisor is a working supervisory position that reports to the Assistant Director of Facilities and administers the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) as directed. Responsibilities include the supervision of the Mechanics, Maintenance Crew Leaders, Locksmiths as well as seasonal staff members. This position ensures the efficient and effective use of resources in order to meet the needs of the residential community.
As a member of the Maintenance Team at Housing & Residential Education you will enjoy working in a stable environment with opportunities to apply what you know while learning new skills. The University of Utah offers employees an excellent pay and benefits package. Benefits include the following:
1. Develop work standards and practices for maintenance staff; establish and maintain a priority system for emergency responses based on student and facility needs. Ensures compliance with all applicable safety regulations, building codes and safety requirements;
2. Responsible for overseeing high quality recruitment, hiring, evaluation, and training of all assigned maintenance staff, and for contribution to their personal and professional development. Delegates to and holds staff responsible for satisfactory performance of job duties and assignments.
3. Provides effective trainings for maintenance staff for Job safety, Hazards, and PPE.
4. Reviews budget on a weekly basis by analyzing the weekly budget expenditures, provided Supervisor with justifications as needed and makes any adjustments needed to keep the budget on track for the fiscal year.
5. Utilizes CMMS to generate, assign and schedule maintenance activities.
6. Administer the CMMS as directed.
7. Prepares and implements an effective preventive maintenance program for all buildings and facilities.
8. Coordinates access of outside service contractors for facility repairs, projects, and renovations.
9. Ensures customer satisfaction by analyzing customer complaints, concerns and suggestions. Provides appropriate follow-through to ensure quality customer service.
10. Develop and maintain effective collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, and administration in order to collaborate on initiatives that impact Housing & Residential Education as well as utilize the full potential of campus resources available on the university campus with special emphasis on the following: University Guest House and Conference Services, Plant Operations, Space Planning, Campus Design & Construction, and Environmental Health & Safety, Sustainability Office.
Associate Degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalency; five years of building maintenance experience, which includes four years of supervisory experience; effective communication and interpersonal skills; and a background that demonstrates the ability to problem solve and meet deadlines required.
Department Specific Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree in facilities management, engineering, architecture, construction management, or related field
|Special Instructions Summary||
Priority review date 6/1/2021.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
University Human Resource Management
250 East 200 South, Suite 125 Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Contact us: (801) 581-2169 By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure the security of your data, you will be logged out due to inactivity in 3 minutes at
Any data not saved will be lost.
Click 'OK' to keep your session active.
Mdf Habitat Partnership Coordinator – Utah, Mule Deer Foundation, United States, about 19 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyMule Deer FoundationLocationNortheast or Central UT (within 2 hrs of Salt Lake City)Job CategoryFull time Po...
Manager, It Ii, University of Central Florida, United States, about 8 hours ago
Reports to the Director of Health & Information Technology. Health IT Client Services Manager oversees the daily tasks/operations of the Health IT Service Desk and Client Services technicians. Act...
Neurology Clinician Educator Faculty (Assistant, Associate Or Professor Of Medicine), University of Central Florida, United States, about 8 hours ago
The University of Central Florida College of Medicine (UCF-COM) is seeking a full-time Neurology physician clinician educator. This position is housed in the Department of Medicine, which serves a...