Overnight Client Care Aide I - 21101
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine – Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS)
Overnight Client Care Aide I
Position #217918 – Requisition #21101
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The School of Medicine – ARTS has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Overnight Client Care Aide I position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here .
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Peer I is a substance abuse treatment program for adult men with chronic histories of substance abuse/dependence; many serving some form of a legal sentence with the state of Colorado. The operations department is responsible for the monitoring of clients within the facility as well as while they are in the community for public safety issues. The position observes, monitor, and intervenes in and recording of client activity. The position audits a plethora of standards from the Division of Criminal Justice, Signal Behavior Health, and Office of Behavioral Health.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Conduct random head counts to document client whereabouts
- Observe and monitor client behaviors and initiate prescribed interventions when needed
- Observe and document same sex urinalysis.
- Document completion of the service, and report any concerning behavior
- Complete same sex pat searches
- Monitor and document client ingestion of antabuse, naltrexone and other medications as needed
- Audit all client medications for count accuracy and compliance with medication directions
- Orders medication refills when needed
- Authorize client to leave the facility for work, pass, and job search activities
- Verify clients off-site where abouts
- Report escape information to state agencies
- Maintain client’s treatment records via filing and auditing
- Conduct monthly Fire Drills
- Conduct monthly facility inspections
- Attend mandatory Monthly staff meetings
- Attend training to fulfill annual DCJ requirements
- Maintain confidentiality of clientele, personal health information
- Provide customer service to clientele and outside agencies
- Data entry utilizing Access and CareLogic systems.
- Property inventory of client property and screening for contraband
- Scanning, faxing and emailing information to outside agencies
- Dispensing of client personal monies
- Drive clients to meetings, recreational activities, appointments, etc.
- Miscellaneous duties that would be needed for any kind of project that supports the mission of the program
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $30,722 - $31,720.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com .
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Must possess a GED or High School Diploma.
- Experience working with offender population
- Experience documenting behaviors according to established policies and procedures
- Experience observing, monitoring and documenting urinalysis/breathalyzer testing
- Experience in observing, monitoring and documenting medication usage
- Experience in head counts/bed check
- Experience filing and auditing clinical charts
- Experience writing incident reports
- Experience and knowledge of Federal Confidentiality laws concerning Drug and Alcohol treatment and HIPAA
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn software programs
- Experience using an Electronic Health Record
- Ability to elevate decision making to higher level based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, and fact check information that needs to be conveyed to outside constituencies, in the matters of their clients we treat, in a complete and professional manner.
- Ability to be nonjudgmental and respectful of others beliefs, values, and cultur
Conditions of Employment:
- Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) AND the Central Registry of Child Protection (Trails).
- Must be able to use Microsoft software e.g.: Word, Excel, Access
- In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), ARTS cannot employ individuals (who may have contact with residents) who have (1) engaged in sexual abuse in a prison, jail, lockup, community confinement facility, juvenile facility, or other Institution (as defined in 42 U.S. C. § 1997); (2) been convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse; or (3) been civilly or administratively adjudicated to have engaged in the activity described in (1-3) of this section. Material omissions regarding such misconduct, or the provision of materially false information, shall be grounds for termination.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed Irene.Arguelles@cuanschutz.edu Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
: Health Care
Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G
: May 3, 2021
Posting Contact Name: Irene Arguelles
Posting Contact Email: Irene.Arguelles@cuanschutz.edu
Position Number: 00217918
Parking Customer Service Representative, University of Denver, United States, about 10 hours ago
Apply now Job no:493830 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Campus Safety, Admin / Executive / Office Support The Department of Facilities Management supports the mission of t...
Adjunct Faculty, Clinical Supervisor Center For Child And Family Therapy, University of Denver, United States, about 10 hours ago
Apply now Job no:493846 Work type:Adjunct Faculty Location:Denver, CO Categories:Faculty The Department of Psychology is a research-oriented department which values a collaborative and integrative...
Staff Counselor/Trauma Specialist (Part Time), University of Denver, United States, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:493822 Work type:Staff Part-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Student Health / Counseling The mission of the University of Denver's Health & Counseling Center is to enhance over...
Distribution Coordinator, Marketing And Communications, University of Denver, United States, about 10 hours ago
Apply now Job no:493851 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Marketing / Communications / Media The Division of Marketing & Communications (MarComm) speaks with a unified, auth...
Director Of Campus Safety, University of Denver, United States, about 10 hours ago
Apply now Job no:493809 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Campus Safety DU has retained the services of Spelman Johnson, a leading national executive search firm, to assist ...
Maintenance Worker Iv, Housing Maintenance, University of Denver, United States, about 11 hours ago
Apply now Job no:493833 Work type:Staff Full-Time Location:Denver, CO Categories:Maintenance / Grounds / Skilled Trades The Department of Facilities Management supports the mission of the Universi...