Skip to Main Content
- Search Jobs
- Job Alerts
- Create Account
- Log In
PS Assoc Dir, Healthcare/Clin
Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
|Job Title||PS Assoc Dir, Healthcare/Clin|
|Working Title||PS Assoc Dir, Healthcare/Clin|
|Patient Sensitive Job Code?||Yes|
|Standard Hours per Week||40|
|Full Time or Part Time?||Full Time|
|Work Schedule Summary|
|VP Area||U of U Health - Academics|
|Department||00250 - Psychiatry|
|City||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Type of Recruitment||External Posting|
|Pay Rate Range||95000 to 148000|
|Open Until Filled||No|
Develops and implements policies, programs and financial objectives for assigned departments in relation to healthcare/clinical functions including clinical operations, outpatient services, scheduling, materials management, program support, and quality assurance. Participates in preparing department budgets and in setting department goals. Ensures continuity and quality customer service between University departments and community.
1. Develops and implements customer service, staffing and financial objectives for assigned departments consistent with the University’s goals and objectives.
2. Manages departments’ budgets, estimates budgetary requirements for special projects and oversees purchases and inventory.
3. Implements and administers new and existing department programs and services to internal and external customers. Evaluates program effectiveness. May carry out and implement logistic plans and procedures to ensure that internal university and external entities’ needs are met.
4. Assumes authority and performs functions of the department director in his/her absence.
5. Participates in the development and interpretation of department polices to ensure compliance with the University’s policies and regulatory requirements. May authorize exceptions to department policy and procedures related to assigned departments. Ensures compliance with Federal and state regulations.
6. Establishes internal objectives and implements procedures to meet goals. Assists in setting department short and long-term goals.
7. Oversees department staff management including recruitment, performance evaluations and retention of staff.
8. Ensures customer satisfaction by analyzing customer complaints, concerns and suggestions. Provides appropriate follow through to ensure quality customer service.
9. Facilitates cooperative and collaborative relationships with the community and other institutions.
10. Authorizes the purchase and implementation of new technology, resources and equipment.
11. Serves as part of the department management team.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, a related area, or equivalency required; plus six years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, human relations and effective communication skills also required. Master’s degree in Business Administration or related area preferred. This position is not responsible for providing patient care. Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This position is patient-sensitive and must fulfill all associated requirements. We protect our patients, coworkers and community by requiring all patient-sensitive employees to be immunized according to CDC standards and hospital policy. Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.
Master’s degree in Business Administration or related area preferred
|Special Instructions Summary|
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Less than 2 years
- 2 year or more, but less than 4 years
- 4 years or more, but less than 6 years
- 6 years or more, but less than 8 years
- 8 years or more
University Human Resource Management
250 East 200 South, Suite 125 Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Contact us: (801) 581-2169 By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure the security of your data, you will be logged out due to inactivity in 3 minutes at
Any data not saved will be lost.
Click 'OK' to keep your session active.
Mdf Habitat Partnership Coordinator – Utah, Mule Deer Foundation, United States, 3 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyMule Deer FoundationLocationNortheast or Central UT (within 2 hrs of Salt Lake City)Job CategoryFull time Po...
Ops Standardized Patient, University of Central Florida, United States, about 3 hours ago
OPS Standardized Patient Apply now Job no: 500613 Work type: OPS (Temporary) Location: UCF HSC at Lake Nona Categories: Medicine Classification Title: OPS Standardized Patient Job Description: A S...
Manager, It Ii, University of Central Florida, United States, about 2 hours ago
Reports to the Director of Health & Information Technology. Health IT Client Services Manager oversees the daily tasks/operations of the Health IT Service Desk and Client Services technicians. Act...
Office Support Assistant, University of Central Florida, United States, about 3 hours ago
Office Support Assistant Apply now Job no:500602 Work type:USPS (Staff) Location:UCF HSC at Lake Nona Categories:Administrative/Clerical Support, Customer Service Classification Title: Office Supp...
Neurology Clinician Educator Faculty (Assistant, Associate Or Professor Of Medicine), University of Central Florida, United States, about 2 hours ago
The University of Central Florida College of Medicine (UCF-COM) is seeking a full-time Neurology physician clinician educator. This position is housed in the Department of Medicine, which serves a...