Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- Provide principal administrative and research support to the Principal Investigator in the administration and implementation of multiple NIH funded projects and their completion
- Prepare agendas for and lead project team meetings and conference calls with research staff
- Write and distribute minutes from meetings/calls
- Serve as a point of contact and interact with the study personnel
- Prepare and present periodic progress reports, meeting agendas and minutes, and action items to document project progress and next steps in regular team meetings with the Study Investigators and other Key Personnel
- Review study database and develop data reports to track study progress
- Prepare and submit ethics applications, including amendments and annual renewals to the Emory Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Oversee ethics applications at all relevant site IRBs
- Review project ledgers and track expenses
- Complete additional research duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator and Key Personnel
- Under limited supervision, uses a basic knowledge of public health principles to analyze, develop, implement, and promote new and creative strategies and solutions to address public health issues and challenges
- Addresses public health issues by providing education, technical assistance, advocacy, public awareness, and research
- Works with programs or studies designed to evaluate the prevalence or surveillance of public health issues and the effectiveness of targeted interventions
- May provide technical assistance to organizations to include presentations, web-based resources, strategies, and educational forums to address specific public health issues
- May work with clinical study sites on patient recruitment and data collection standards
- Assists with data collection and data analysis
- Contributes to proposals, protocols, data analysis plans, reports, manuscripts, and presentation of study findings
- May assist in designing, developing, and conducting targeted training initiatives
- May collaborate with external organizations to develop action plans and goals to achieve specific objectives
- Performs related responsibilities as required
- A Master's degree in Public Health, a Master's of Science degree in Public Health or Health Education, or a Master's in Development Practice from an accredited school
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight, and work effectively in teams
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of research study design, strong analytical skills in epidemiology and biostatistics methods
- Must have the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Experience with international research projects is preferred
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home temporarily during the COVID-19 pandemic, with intent to return to an Emory University location in the future. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to the employee.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Full Time Visiting Faculty In Computer Science, Emory University, United States, about 11 hours ago
* Do not submit application materials through this site. Please only submit applications through https://apply.interfolio.com/88005 Emory University’s Computer Science Department invites applicati...
Southeast Conservation Corps & National Park Service – Ameri Corps Natural Resources Intern – Atlanta, Ga, Southeast Conservation Corps, United States, about 12 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencySoutheast Conservation CorpsLocationAtlanta, GAJob CategoryInternshipsSalary$549/week (paid bi-weekly)Start ...
Assistant Professor Of Organization Theory, Public Administration Or Public Management, School of Public Policy, United States, about 1 hour ago
Position ID:GaTech -School of Public Policy -APOT [#18769] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Atlanta, Georgia 30332, United States [map ] Subject Area: ...
Professor Of Art History, Savannah College of Art and Design, United States, about 19 hours ago
Position Details Location: Atlanta Position Number F01703 Position Type: Full Time Position Title Professor of Art History Specialty: Category: Work Year: Academic Year Posting Text SCAD Atlanta s...
Associate Laboratory Director For Business Development Icl, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 9 hours ago
Job Description The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) is searching for a proven leader with extensive leadership experience for the position of Associate Laboratory Director for Business Deve...
Associate Branch Head Opto Mechanical Branch (Senior Researcher) Eosl, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 9 hours ago
Associate Branch Head Opto-Mechanical Branch (Senior Researcher) -- EOSL Submit Resume ID:496467 Type:Researchers Location:Atlanta, GA Categories:System Architecture, Hardware Development/Design, ...