Department: School of Public Health
Location: Austin, TX
Position Type: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
This is a second step entry level job that performs most routine tasks under more generally defined supervision. Performs a variety of moderately complex clerical tasks to support the Academic Affairs team at the UTHealth School of Public Health in Austin. This position will provide receptionist support for the Campus, along with assistance with prospective student admissions, current and prospective student events and activities, course proctoring and other duties as assigned. Will occasionally need to work outside regular office hours.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Responds to non-routine correspondence or telephone contacts in area of responsibility within guidelines established by supervisor.
- Drafts correspondence and memoranda; prepares graphs, tables and manuscripts; prepares reports and presentation materials.
- Schedules and maintains calendars, travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements in compliance with all University, governmental, and/or grant policies and guidelines.
- May maintain and reconcile assigned financial records/ reports for area.
- Receives, classifies, reconciles, consolidates, and/or summarizes documents and information.
- Compiles data from reports using required knowledge of departmental, project, and/or university policies and procedures.
- Assists with data entry and basic processing for the financial and/or human resources systems.
- Schedules meetings and rooms, invites participants, and arranges refreshments and equipment as needed. May prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Maintains office supplies and equipment.
- Screens calls and emails and receives and directs visitors.
- Retrieves information from departmental and/or project records.
- May handle confidential information and sensitive issues.
- May train entry level clerical staff.
- Handles basic to moderately complex inquiries.
- May be assigned routine budget or financial responsibilities by supervisor.
- Advises on policy and processes as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of standard Office Software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- FMS training with a passing score may be required.
- Use of University financial systems may be required.
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three (3) years of general office experience. May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
- Prior experience scheduling and maintaining calendars & travel itineraries.
- Prior experience with preparing meeting materials or general reports preferred.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Accountant , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, about 3 hours ago
Title: Accountant Division: Pediatrics Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Work Location: Houston, TX Salary Range: $50,251 - $63,312 FLSA Status: Exempt Requisition ID: 7428 Summary ...
Financial Coordinator I , University of Houston, United States, about 11 hours ago
Financial Coordinator I - (STA007476) Organization : H0563 Experiential Programs Description Internal Candidates Only Coordinates the financial operations of a unit in a college or division. May ...
Senior Research Administration Associate , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, about 2 hours ago
Title: Senior Research Administration Associate Division: Pediatrics Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Work Location: Houston, TX Salary Range: $61,913 - $72,000 FLSA Status: Exempt...
Financial Analyst , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, about 3 hours ago
Title: Financial Analyst Division: Medicine Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm Work Location: Houston, TX Salary Range: $55,779-$72,520 FLSA Status: Exempt Requisition ID: 7142 Summary Financia...
Bcm Temporary Administrative Support , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 11 days ago
Title: BCM Temporary - Administrative Support Division: Office of General Counsel Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm Work Location: Houston, TX Salary Range: Hiring up to $40.79 FLSA Status: ...
Dp Division Financial Lead (Financial Business Analyst 3), Los Alamos National Security, United States, 24 days ago
What You Will Do The Lab invites you to join our Weapons Finance (FIN-WP) group to provide financial operations support, reporting, and analysis for the Detonator Production (DP) Division. Reporti...