Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Dedicated to discovering causes, prevention, treatments, and cures, Yerkes National Primate Research Center (NPRC) is fighting diseases and improving human health and lives worldwide. One of seven NPRCs funded by the NIH, Yerkes conducts studies that make breakthrough discoveries possible. Learn more at http://www.yerkes.emory.edu
Collaborate. Innovate. Serve. These three simple words capture what we do at Yerkes to help advance science and improve the health and well-being of humans and non-human primates. If you are someone with administrative support experience who is familiar with Emory Express, Compass and Emory Business Intelligence (EBI), this is an amazing opportunity to indirectly save and change lives and make a positive impact in the science and research community.
The Division of Pathology within the Yerkes National Primate Research Center at Emory University is currently seeking a full time Sr. Administrative Assistant to join our team. The Division of Pathology provides support to the Yerkes Center research community, as well as to external requestors and collaborators and contributes to colony health and disease surveillance.
The ideal candidate should be motivated, dependable, detail-oriented, have a positive attitude and passion for research. The Sr. Administrative Assistant will be a team player who is willing to learn on the job and collaborate with lab members and center members. The Sr. Administrative Assistant will work to ensure the highest quality of administrative support, and has good communication skills with co-workers, the management team, PI’s, research staff, students, and other support services.
- With minimal supervision, provides administrative support for the Chief Division of Pathology.
- Oversees office operations and ensures office activities comply with policies and procedures.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of budgets, grant applications, proposals, status reports and financial statements.
- Develops and maintains spreadsheets.
- Initiates, processes and maintains records and invoices.
- Keeps manager informed of account status, authorizes expenditures and identifies cost effective alternatives.
- Maintains calendar, prepares daily schedule and prioritizes meeting requests for manager(s).
- Ensures manager is appropriately prepared for daily activities.
Coordinates, attends, prepares materials for and/or takes minutes at meetings and special events.
- Prepares charts and graphs for reports and presentations.
- Reviews incoming correspondence and identifies items of special interest to manager or others.
- Screens items that can be routinely handled and prepares appropriate responses.
- Based on a knowledge of the manager's views, composes, edits and types correspondence, reports and manuscripts under minimal guidance.
- May take dictation or transcribe from a machine.
- Maintains various databases and/or spreadsheets.
- Sets up and organizes filing systems.
- Answers, screens and routes incoming telephone calls.
- Oversees ordering and maintenance of office supplies and forms.
- May coordinate domestic or foreign travel arrangements.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and six years of clerical or secretarial experience
- Bachelor's degree and one year of administrative support experience
Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
Demonstrated Microsoft Office 365 experience.
Excellent ability to coordinate activities and establish priorities.
Knowledge of computer systems and office equipment for basic troubleshooting and resolution.
Experience working with Emory Express, Compass and Emory Business Intelligence (EBI).
- Work environment involves sitting for long periods of time behind a computer screen.
Work environment may involve some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING STATEMENT:
Yerkes NPRC in conjunction with Emory University conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which may include an INA and criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications, drug screening, and health assessment. Employment is contingent upon a clear background screening.
NOTE: Position tasks are generally required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location. Remote work from home day options may be granted at department discretion. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Full Time Visiting Faculty In Computer Science, Emory University, United States, about 11 hours ago
* Do not submit application materials through this site. Please only submit applications through https://apply.interfolio.com/88005 Emory University’s Computer Science Department invites applicati...
Southeast Conservation Corps & National Park Service – Ameri Corps Natural Resources Intern – Atlanta, Ga, Southeast Conservation Corps, United States, about 12 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencySoutheast Conservation CorpsLocationAtlanta, GAJob CategoryInternshipsSalary$549/week (paid bi-weekly)Start ...
Branch Head (Ew Training Branch) Elsys, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 17 days ago
Submit Resume ID:496599 Type:Researchers Location:Atlanta, GA Categories:Electromagnetics, Electronic Warfare, Missile Warning Systems, Project/Program Management, Radar, RF, Sensors Integration, ...
Associate Branch Head Opto Mechanical Branch (Senior Researcher) Eosl, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 9 hours ago
Associate Branch Head Opto-Mechanical Branch (Senior Researcher) -- EOSL Submit Resume ID:496467 Type:Researchers Location:Atlanta, GA Categories:System Architecture, Hardware Development/Design, ...
Director Of Student Involvement, Savannah College of Art and Design, United States, about 19 hours ago
Position Details Location: Atlanta Position Number A02701 Position Type: Full Time Position Title Director of Student Involvement Assigned Area(s) of Responsibility: SCAD Atlanta Category: Staff W...
Associate Branch Head Opto Mechanical Branch (Researcher I/Ii) Eosl, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 9 hours ago
Submit Resume ID:496605 Type:Researchers Location:Atlanta, GA Categories:System Architecture, Hardware Development/Design, Lidar, Mechanical Design & Analysis, Military Vehicles, Modeling/Simulati...