The Study Coordinator will join a collaborative and exciting team of researchers at the F.I. Proctor Foundation studying eye diseases in the U.S. and internationally. Researchers at the F.I. Proctor Foundation conduct randomized controlled trials and large epidemiological studies on ocular diseases that can cause blindness. The epidemiological studies involve large administrative databases and the trials involve domestic and international collaboration. This position requires an employee with excellent communication and organizational skills who can be relied upon to play an integral role in implementing and disseminating the results of research studies conducted at the F.I. Proctor Foundation. The Study Coordinator’s projects will include sites in the U.S. and South India.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to contributing to study design from a methodological standpoint, participating in the review and writing of protocols and study documents, helping to assure compliance with all relevant regulatory agencies, coordinating meetings with the study team, reporting study progress to investigators and other stakeholders, maintaining and tracking finances, and generating subcontracts. This position requires excellent professionalism as the Study Coordinator will be working with governmental and academic regulatory agencies, pharmaceutical companies, and researchers. This position will involve domestic and international travel to study sites for implementation and monitoring of visits.
Additionally, the Study Coordinator should have strong writing and communication skill as this employee will be responsible for conducting literature reviews, writing, editing, and formatting manuscripts, and managing and tracking the progress of manuscripts to high-impact medical journals. The person in this position must be comfortable working in a diverse team environment with little supervision to carry out their responsibilities. The employee should show a strong interest in clinical research and a desire to contribute to the state of knowledge on the prevention, treatment, and correlates of disease.
The F.I. Proctor Foundation for Research in Ophthalmology at UCSF is committed to engaging in research activities and providing state-of-art patient care that address infectious and inflammatory disease that cause blindness. The mission is the prevention of blindness worldwide through research and teaching focused on infectious and inflammatory eye disease.
• BA/BS with a major in related field (i.e. biostatistics, public health, epidemiology or related) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 1 or more years of experience in project management or clinical research, or related experience
• Proficiency with computers, including ability to operate personal computer software (for example, Word, Access and Excel, email, electronic calendaring, Internet, etc.) with sophisticated retrieval, storage, and merging capabilities
• Time management skills and the flexibility to accommodate changing priorities in unit
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a diverse team environment
• Strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and work with frequent interruptions
• Independence, planning and decision-making abilities to complete assigned duties
• This position requires domestic and international travel to study sites (up to 10%) for implementation and monitoring of visits
• Graduate degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics, public health or related field
• Relevant compliance certification
• 2 to 3 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of relevant Federal and State regulations, and policies
• Excellent customer service skills, pleasant, helpful and patient
• Ability to work in a team-oriented setting, to prioritize work, and to follow through on routine assignments with minimal direction
• Ability to problem solve issues; listen, interpret and confirm understanding of others' communications; and, to be objective
• Understanding of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval process
• Ability to develop budgets and track finances
• Experience in writing, editing, and reviewing scientific manuscripts
• Experience conducting literature reviews and writing scientific papers
• Experience in clinical research or demonstrated research or training experience that translates into a clinical research setting
• Knowledge of medical and scientific terminology
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
006229 RSCH CMPLNC ANL 2
Mission Bay (SF), Parnassus Heights (SF)
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Disability Specialist, University of San Francisco, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Title: Disability Specialist Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Assistant Dean and Director of SDS, the Disability Specialist in Student Disability Services, (SDS) is responsible for coord...
Associate Director, Clinical Virology, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 5 hours ago
Position Description: Vir Biotechnology is seeking an experienced and highly motivated scientist to join our Clinical Virology team in a leadership role, focused on managing pre-clinical research ...
Program Assistant (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Non Exempt) Philosophy, The California State University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 501422 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: June 18, 2021 Closing Date: June 17, 2022 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Li...
Senior Custodian, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States, about 3 hours ago
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL ) Facilities Division is offering an exciting opportunity to work with world leaders in science, and be a part of a team that will advance science and influe...
Sustainable Polymer Project Scientist, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States, about 3 hours ago
Berkeley Lab’s Molecular Foundry Division has an opening for a Sustainable Polymer Project Scientist. The Molecular Foundry Division is engaged in a cross-disciplinary and multi-institutional prog...
Writer & Editor, California College of the Arts, United States, about 15 hours ago
The Writer and Editor is a key member of CCA’s Marketing and Communications team, an in-house creative and strategic group that partners with colleagues across the college to inform and inspire au...