|Working Title||Systems and BI Analyst|
|Position Type||Administrative and Professional Faculty|
|Position Status||Full Time|
|College/Division||Advancement Information Services|
|Department||100586 - Advancement Business Applications|
|Pay Rate||Commensurate with Experience|
|Specify Range or Amount|
|Is this a JMU only position?||No|
|Is this a grant-funded position?||No|
|About James Madison University||
Who We Are
The Office of Advancement Business Applications, Reporting and Analysis at James Madison University is accepting applications for a Systems and BI Analyst (SBA). The SBA develops, maintains and improves systems and procedures related to the production, processing and delivery of analytic reports and studies related to engagement, fundraising, analytical projects for internal and external constituents, not limited to the areas of: Office of Strategic Gifts, Office of Principle Relationship Development, Office of Constituent Engagement, the JMU Foundation, the Division of Admin and Finance, the Council for Advancement and the office of VP for University Advancement and others. The SBA will also assist in the design, development, and maintenance of dashboards for commonly requested and widely used Advancement data via the use of multiple visualization tools. The person in this position will keep abreast of ongoing developments and trends in higher education, advancement and analytics landscapes. This position will help support the University’s Enterprise-wide CRM Implementation efforts.
|Duties and Responsibilities||
- Manage deadlines, collaboration, and planning necessary to complete both Ad Hoc and Project Based analysis using data exploration toolsets including SQL, Oracle Data Warehouse and BI platforms (Cognos and Tableu) and utilize external data sets (Athletics, Events, Ticketing) for comparative and compliance reporting (CAE, Annual Fundraising, Engagement).
- Assist with data creation, validation, documentation, and data quality reviews of new and existing Business Intelligence Dashboards and reports referencing a diverse datasets including, but not limited to, student scholarship beneficiaries, student data (course of study, relationships and affiliations) and human resources data.
- Create and promote data analyses and reports to support data-driven decision-making in Advancement philanthropic, engagement, and stewardship activities at the institution.
- Conduct ad hoc analytic projects, benchmarking studies, and reporting requirements as needed for internal and external departmental needs.
- Maintain, optimize and develop database objects (Functions, Transformation Tables, Procedures) related to the data warehouse.
- Analyze and document ad hoc data requests to recommend reporting solutions, develop appropriate data tables, and assist in the creation of dashboards to support effective data distribution and decision making within UA and associated campus partners (JMU Foundation, Colleges and related departments).
- Engage with departments to understand their data needs and facilitate expanded use of reporting toolsets to support departmental planning/reporting through outreach and response to user requests.
- Work collaboratively with internal team, technical staff, and senior administration to continuously develop and improve reporting resources and processes.
- Relevant experience in data analytics & reporting and toolsets to assist data-driven decision making.
- Experience collecting requirements from stakeholders related to their analysis needs.
- Relevant experience in database management and/or data warehouses
- Experience using and ability to program in SQL, Python, and/or R for decision support and reporting services.
- Demonstrated experience in creating advanced report designs including but not limited to dashboards.
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, complex, technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability in providing analytical solutions that incorporate the complex interactions of business processes, business systems, databases and related data warehouse objects.
- Experience building data analytic reports and visualizations using BI tools such as Cognos and Tableau.
- Understanding of data modeling, data warehousing, and decision support.
- Experience supporting Fundraising, Engagement and Donor Stewardship efforts in higher education.
- Experience working with datasets from various higher education systems and databases, including but not limited to, Student Management, Human Resources and Scholarships.
- Ability to work with data and people from multiple sources/departments.
- Ability to embrace and demonstrate Advancement Information Services (AIS) values of collaboration, quality, innovation and integrity.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, flexibility, good judgement, teamwork, attention to detail, problem-solving, life-long learning, sense of humor and initiative.
- Relevant experience with software as a service, customer relationship management systems and infrastructure as a service.
- Experience with managing and/or implementing cloud-based technologies.
|Criminal Background Check and E-Verify Notice||
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. James Madison University uses the E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.
|Beginning Review Date||07/22/2021|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Proposed Starting Date|
James Madison University is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.
Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.
|Reasonable Accommodation Request||
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance searching or applying for jobs please contact us at (540) 568-3597 or firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also visit the JMU Human Resource Office, located at 752 Ott Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22807 and we will be happy to assist you.
|Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report||
Notice of Availability – Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, the university police law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures, protocols for the immediate notification of students and staff upon confirmation of a significant emergency on campus and other matters of importance related to security and safety. The report includes statistics for the most recent three-year period of reported crimes that have occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by JMU or its affiliates; and on public property within or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report includes campus housing fire statistics for the most recent three-year period, a description of each on-campus student housing facility fire safety system, the number of fire drills held during the previous calendar year, policies or rules on portable electrical appliances, smoking, and open flames in student housing; and procedures for student housing evacuation in the event of fire along with other fire safety information.
The JMU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report includes the Harrisonburg campus and the three overseas branch campuses; Florence, Antwerp, and London. It is available electronically http://www.jmu.edu/publicsafety/clerycompliance/2018Annual-Security-and-Fire-Safety-Report.shtml
You can obtain a copy of any of this report by contacting the Office of Public Safety, MSC 6810, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA 22807 or request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (540)568-6769/6913.
|Minimum Reference(s) Required||3|
|Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting||https://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/9382|
|Additional Posting Information||
JMU’s Dual Career and Community Resources Program is available for candidates that will be relocating to the area. For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2OTF1NG.
News/Media Relations Director, University of Mississippi, United States, 15 days ago
Note for Current UM Employees Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu Definition of Class This position directs, develops, and implements a full-service media r...