Requisition Id 5803
Full-Stack Web Application Developer needed to provide application development and maintenance services for projects related to the government sector. The position is responsible for the development, maintenance, testing and on-going support of enterprise level solutions. This position will specialize in the development and support of web applications using a Vue.js front-end, and a .NET Core backend with a SQL Server database.
This position will act as an analyst for the implementation and support of web applications written using ASP.Net, Vue.js, Vuetify, and C#. This position will provide full-stack development (User Interface, Middle Tier, and Database). The successful candidate must be a highly-motivated, self-starter who is comfortable working as part of a team (in any capacity) or as an independent contributor. The candidate must demonstrate a strong customer focus and excellent written and verbal communications skills. A desire to continuously improve technical skills and identify opportunities where development tools meeting ORNL Standards may be used in place of non-standard tools is expected.
Demonstrated professional experience with the following:
- Experience with .Net Framework (4 or greater) and/or .Net Core (3 or greater).
- Experience with the MVC and MVVM patterns and responsive design of web applications using a mobile-first approach.
- Experience with ASP.Net MVC/Web API
- Experience designing and using relational databases with MS SQL Server (2016 or later preferred)
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio (VS 2019 or later preferred) and VS Code.
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server and/or Git
- Experience facilitating, gathering and documenting user requirements through application design sessions with business customers.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, time management and problem-solving abilities.
While not required, the following qualifications are desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with ASP.Net Forms/MVC/Web API, Vue.js, Vuetify and Vuex.
- Experience with Vue CLI, NPM, and Yarn
- Experience with Microsoft Entity Framework 6 (or greater) and LINQ.
- Demonstrated understanding of secure web coding techniques to prevent exploits (injection, XSS, broken access control, etc.)
- Experience in the design, planning & implementation phases as well as support of enterprise level n-tier distributed applications.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Digital Communications Manager Arts And Sciences Communications , University of Tennessee, United States, about 14 hours ago
Digital Communications Manager- Arts and Sciences Communications - 21000000XU Description Digital Communications Manager - UT College of Arts and Sciences Regular Fulltime, MR10 The Office of Ar...
It Technologist Iii, Parking & Transit Services, University of Tennessee, United States, about 15 hours ago
IT Technologist III, Parking & Transit Services - 21000000Y7 Description IT Technologist III Regular, Full-time - MR07 Install, maintain, and support hardware and software. Assist with development...
Web Developer Designer Tickle College Of Engineering, University of Tennessee, United States, about 15 hours ago
Web Developer-Designer - Tickle College of Engineering - 21000000XP Description Web Developer/Designer - Tickle College of Engineering The Office of Engineering Communications within the Tickle Co...
Coordinator I Institute For Secure & Sustainable Environment, University of Tennessee, United States, about 14 hours ago
Coordinator I - Institute for Secure & Sustainable Environment - 21000000T2 Description East Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition - Institute for a Secure and Sustainable Environment University of Tenn...
Help Desk Analyst, University of Tennessee, United States, about 15 hours ago
Help Desk Analyst - 21000000ZG Description Help Desk Analyst II Regular, Full-time, Market Range 6 Job Summary The position will provide phone, email, chat, and walk-in support for a variety of in...
Senior Financial Analyst Haslam College Of Business, University of Tennessee, United States, about 15 hours ago
Senior Financial Analyst - Haslam College Of Business - 21000000X7 Description SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST, FINANCIAL INFORMATION OFFICE Regular Full-Time, Market Range 12 The Haslam College of Busin...