Applications open: 10/05/2021
Applications close: 13/08/2021
About this scholarship
The Curtin Housing Scholarship (International students) has been established to assist students who are currently residing in Curtin Perth on-campus accommodation during semester 1, 2021 - and will be renewing their rental agreement for semester 2, 2021.
This Scholarship is available to students who are experiencing financial hardship as a direct consequence of COVID-19 and do not have other means of support available for semester 2, 2021.
- Current Students
- Centre for Aboriginal Studies
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Postgraduate coursework
- Students in Curtin housing
- International Student
- Need Based
The Curtin Housing Scholarship (International students) will provide the following:
- A one semester subsidy of up to $1,500 paid towards Curtin Perth on-campus accommodation.
The subsidy will be paid directly to the applicable housing residence in semester 2, 2021 who will deduct the scholarship subsidy from the recipients weekly rent. The weekly rent will be subsidised for the remainder of semester 2, 2021 only.
Periodical payments will commence from approximately September 2021.
The recipient will not be in direct receipt of the funds.
All undergraduate and postgraduate coursework degrees
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the Curtin Housing Scholarship (International students):
- International student
- Residing in on-campus accommodation at Curtin Perth in semester 1, 2021 and renewing their rental agreement at their residence for semester 2, 2021
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at Curtin University in semester 2, 2021
- In financial hardship as a direct consequence of COVID-19
Step 1: Access application form
- Application form can be accessed via the ‘My Studies’ tab in OASIS or via the ‘Apply Online’ button on the top right-hand side of this page
Step 2: Complete
- Complete the application form online
- Application form can be saved at any point of the process
- Multiple scholarships can be applied for at one time
- Tips on how to complete your application can be found on the ‘Applying for scholarships’ link on the scholarships website
Step 3: Submit
- Closing date is listed at the top of the page and within the Scholarships Channel on OASIS
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed
- Once submitted, application status will change to submitted
Step 4: Receipt
- Application receipt will be sent to student email once application has been submitted
Step 5: Assessment
- Applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application form
- Demonstration of financial hardship as a direct consequence of COVID-19
Step 6: Outcome
- All successful and unsuccessful applicants notified of their outcome via the Scholarships Channel (Student OASIS) within 6-8 weeks of the scholarship closing date
Step 7: Acceptance
- Successful applicants must accept the terms and conditions via the Scholarship Channel (Student OASIS) by the deadline
- Scholarship will be awarded if there are applicants of sufficient need
- Scholarship will commence from the semester of study for which the scholarship was awarded
- Scholarship is not transferable to another major, course or university
Maintain enrolment in an eligible course and remain residing in on-campus accommodation at Curtin Perth for semester 2, 2021.
Changes to Enrolment
If a recipient intends to change their enrolment, they must also apply in writing to the Scholarships Office (firstname.lastname@example.org ) for approval BEFORE the change. The Scholarships Office will advise how the change will affect their scholarship.
Withdrawal or Terminated from units or course: A recipient who withdraws from their units or course of study, or has been terminated from their studies will become ineligible for the continuation of the scholarship, will not receive any further payments and will be required to repay to Curtin University the stipend awarded for that study period if applicable.
T: 1300 222 888
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions
For advice on your Centrelink payments and how your scholarship could affect your payment please see Department of Human Services or contact a Centrelink Office. If you require a letter about your scholarship for Centrelink, please contact the Scholarships Office.
Generally scholarship money paid to full-time students is not treated as taxable income, however if your study load is less than 75 credits (part-time) your scholarship money is not tax exempt. Other than the full-time study requirement, the general rule is that scholarships are exempt from taxation unless:
- It is a condition of the scholarship that a recipient is required to undertake activities that are of use, help or benefit to the scholarship provider - then the student is rendering a service by agreeing to undertake those activities;
- An award is received by a student where the scholarship is not provided principally for educational purposes.
- During or upon completion of the degree for which the scholarship is awarded a recipient is required to become, or shall continue to be, an employee of the funding body; or
The Australian Tax Office has a tool to help you determine if your scholarship is taxable. For expert advice please contact the Australian Taxation Office or your accountant when completing your annual Tax Return. If a letter regarding your scholarship is required for taxation purposes, please contact the Scholarships Office .
Scholarships Email Alert
Sign up now
2022 Welcome To Ecu Online Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 22 hours ago
At a glance Open to international students who: will be studying in an eligible Course at ECU in 2022; commenced or will commence studying at ECU on or after 1 November 2021 and before 31 July 202...
2022 Ecc Pathway Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 22 hours ago
At a glance Applicants must be an international student who apply for, and receive an offer to commence study at ECC on a packaged pathway course to ECU; Applicants must achieve a WAM (Weighted Av...
2022 International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 22 hours ago
At a glance Applicants must be an international student who receives an offer, or a conditional offer, to study a course at ECU in 2022. ECU strives to give high achieving students around the worl...
2022 International Undergraduate Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 22 hours ago
At a glance Applicants must be an international student who receives an offer, or a conditional offer, to study a course at ECU in 2022; Students who meet standard course entry from Andorra, Antig...
Ecu Medical And Exercise Science Masters Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 22 hours ago
At a glance Dementia is the second leading cause of death in Australia, and the leading cause of death in Australian women (Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2019). There is growing evidence that a...
Semester 2, 2021 International Accommodation Bursary, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 22 hours ago
At a glance Open to future international students who commence study in Semester 2, 2021 on-campus at either ECU Joondalup or ECU Mount Lawley. A 50% reduction for accommodation fees on a 22-week ...