Tallinn University of Technology, School of Engineering, Department of Electrical Power Engineering and Mechatronics offers a 4-year PhD position in Power Engineering and Mechatronics.
Proposed doctoral thesis topic: "Advanced application of the Middleware Services for the Digital Twin of an Autonomous Electric Vehicle Propulsion Drive"
Supervisors: Professor Anton Rassõlkin
In this position, the PhD candidate will study the Digital Twin (DT) concept and services provided by implementing DT to the actual application, on the example of autonomous electric vehicle (AEV) propulsion drive.
The PhD candidate will be responsible for developing, verifying and implementing the proper models for the proposed system. The department will provide the necessary hardware and software to evaluate DT performance and the development of new services.
The main tasks of the PhD candidate are:
1. Understanding the main concept of developed AEV Propulsion Drive Digital Twin
- Middleware is a collection of software frameworks that provide applications services beyond those available from the system. The first task of the PhD candidate will be to deeply understand the developed DT.
- Moreover, a literature study in the field of DTs and propulsion electrical drives must be performed to understand the field trends and analyze possible research gaps.
2. Advancement of developed main components models used in DT of AEV and contribution to new approach development
- Advancement of physical models of different AEV components (controller, inverter, motor, reduction gear, transmission, bearings, etc.) and the related reduced models of these components.
- Advancement of data-driven models of different AEV components and the related reduced models of these components.
3. Developing a framework for DT verification and implementation
- DT is continuously updated with sensor data in near real-time and can be supported by synthetic data generated from a virtual entity. This part's major objective is to develop and implement a novel framework for the exploration, simulation, identification, and assessment of multiple DT and AEV configurations aiming to provide fast and concise information about their most important indicators.
- The goal is to propose a methodology for adjusting the DT according to the actual physical entity.
4. Developing the proposed DT services
- The DT services include regulation for virtual and physical entities and carry several sub-services of AEV, such as maintenance and diagnostic, energy optimization, path planning, etc.
Post Doctoral Positions In Fiber Optic Sensing 2021, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, 37 minutes ago
Fixed Term Contract 1 year, full-time, expected extension up to 3 years pending satisfaction of milestones. The Photonics Laboratory (https://photonics.kaust.edu.sa) of the King Abdullah Universit...
Ph D Position: Low Speed Aerodynamic Investigation Of High Sweep Crescent Wings, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Faculty Aerospace Engineering The Faculty of Aerospace Engineering at Delft University of Technology is one of the world’s most highly ranked (and most comprehensive) research, education and innov...
Ph D Position In Data Enhanced Digital Twin Development For Process Control, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 4 days ago
Project description The Heat is On project is concerned with heat that is needed for energy intensive processes like separation ad drying processes commonly used in the industries like agrofood, p...
Doctoral Student In Industrial Electrical Engineering (Pa2021/2098), University of Lund, Sweden, about 3 hours ago
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has around 44 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg ...
Ph D Position: Aero Structural Effects Of Boundary Layer Ingestion On The Flying V, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
A new airplane configuration that is currently being studied is the Flying V. With a 20% fuel-burn reduction, this new airplane configuration could yield a step-change in energy efficiency of long...
Ph D Student In Fluid And Mechatronic Systems, Linköping University, Sweden, about 18 hours ago
Skilled and committed employees are a crucial factor in the success of Linköping University. And we need more of them. Our core expertise comes from teachers and researchers, but a successful univ...