Tallinn University of Technology, School of Engineering, Department of Electrical Power Engineering and Mechatronics offers a 4-year PhD position in Power Engineering and Mechatronics.
Proposed doctoral thesis topic: "Methodology for Diagnostics of Energy Storage Systems Based on System Digital Representation"
Supervisors: Professor Anton Rassõlkin and Senior Research Scientist Toomas Vaimann
The PhD candidate will learn about the Digital Twin (DT) concept and its possible application in portable Energy Storage Systems (ESS) within this thesis. Department will provide the necessary equipment to develop a test bench and DT. Candidate will be responsible for developing, verifying, and implementing the models of different ESS components.
The main tasks of the thesis are:
- A modern trend for industry digitalization brings new demands for developing and applying the modeling and simulation approach. The DT aspect indicates a connection between the physical object and the corresponding virtual twin established by generating real-time data using physical and virtual sensors. The literature analysis must be provided to define the digitalization level of ESS.
- At that step, the study on possible ESS failures must be provided, and the solutions for the faults simulation in the laboratory suggested.
- The ESS is a rather complex system for accurate mathematical description, monitoring, and validation. The laboratory studies with test benches, combining the advantages of software models and real equipment, contribute to the reduction of the number of test runs and safe maintenance. By using a variety of different test benches, separate parts of an ESS could be studied and improved.
- The test bench that allows evaluating energy management, optimal control configuration, a combination of different energy sources, etc., would be an added value to the research and development community.
- Develop physical models of different energy system components and the related reduced models of these components, which will construct the system's DT.
- Develop and implement the concept of Virtual Sensors based on the developed DT concept and diagnostics methodologies based on the proposed models.
- To provide the research environment for analysis, investigation, and simulation of marketable ESS.
- To establish assessment and verification procedures for possible fault diagnostics to support commercial consulting, research, and testing for enterprises based on the DT concept.
Ph D Position In Cyber Physical Energy Systems, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
About the position We have a vacancy for an Early Stage Researcher (ESR) in Cyber-Physical Energy Systems within the project InnoCyPES – Innovative tools for Cyber Physical Energy Systems. InnoCy...
Ph D Student Position In Digital Health For Supporting Acute Incidents, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 23 hours ago
The Biomedical signals and systems research group at the division of Signal processing and Biomedical engineering at the Department of Electrical Engineering is recruiting a qualified candidate ...
Ph D Position In Digitalization Of Solar Energy, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
About the position We have a vacancy for a PhD candidate at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering in Machine Learning and Advanced Visualization Techniques for Digitalization of So...
Ph D Position In Electric Power Engineering A Novel Modular Hvdc Generator For Offshore Wind, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 14 hours ago
About the position The Department of Electric Power Engineering at NTNU has a vacancy for a full-time 100% position (3 years) as a PhD candidate within design of electrical machines – A Novel Mod...
Ph D Position: Cyber Physical Smart Grid Intrusion Detection, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
InnoCyPES, a European Innovative Training Networks (ITN), funded under H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA), is recruiting talented, enthusiastic, and ambitious candidates to perform excell...
Postdoctoral Position With Specialization In Microwave Engineering For High Power Energy Applications, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 18 hours ago
Published: 2021-06-03 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highe...