The PhD programme aims at training candidates in innovative basic, field, applied, clinical and rehabilitative research in Psychology.
This goal is achieved by training candidates in basic skills concerning comprehension of scientific texts, scientific writing, presentation skills, oral communication of scientific results in national and international conferences, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis. When basic research skills have been acquired, PhD candidates will be able to pursue their research goals in one of the fields of Psychological Sciences or Cognitive Neuroscience. They will then review the relevant scientific literature pertaining to their topic, formulate a clear research hypothesis, adopt a method fitting their research design, run the appropriate data analyses and provide discussion and interpretation of findings in the light of the relevant, available literature.
- Main Research Fields
- - Perception and decision making
- - Body action and cognition
- - Spatial cognition memory and individual differences
- - Psychometric methods in cognitive and clinical assessment
- - Advanced inferential statistics
- - Qualitative methods for psychological research
- - Bayesian inference in inferential statistics
- Developmental and Education Psychology
- - Typical and atypical development from early infancy to adulthood
- - Risk and protective factors in development
- - Lifespan development and information and communication technologies
- - Teaching learning and social processes in educational contexts
- Social Psychology
- - Gender inequalities and prejudice reduction
- - Personal and social identity
- - Psychosocial factors in risk and safety
- - Equal opportunities and community participation
- Work and Organizational psychology
- - Diversity management in organizations
- - Organizational change and development
- - Employability and new careers Psychosocial factors at work
- - Perinatal psychopathology
- - Developmental psychopathology in childhood
- - Child and parents psychotherapy research
- - Emotional intelligence in clinical and educational settings
- Clinical psychology
- - The use of new technologies in clinical psychology
- - Clinical assessment of psychological distress/well-being/adjustment/attachment
- - Psychosomatics
- - Psychological interventions.
- - Action control and error monitoring
- - Recognition of erroneous and painful actions
- - Empathy and moral cognition
- - Interoception and autonomic response
- - TMS-EEG, brain connectivity and plasticity
- Neuroscience of visual awareness
- - Conscious and unconscious visual perception
- - Visual disorders in brain-damaged patients
- - Brain oscillations
- - Eye movements
- Memory and future anticipation
- - Episodic memory
- -Time perception
- - Mental time travel
- - Delay discounting and future-based choice
- - Fear conditioning and extinction
- - Memory-impaired patient population
Curriculum 1: Psychological Sciences
- Emotions attention and learning
Curriculum 2: Joint PhD Program in Cognitive Neuroscience
Social neuroscience and error monitoring
Ph D Candidate In Molecular Neurobiology And Electrophysiology, Radboud University, Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
Faculty of Science The Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour is a world-class interfaculty research centre that houses more than 800 researchers devoted to understanding the mechan...
Open Faculty Positions, Psychology, Taiwan, about 1 hour ago
Position ID:NTU -Psychology -OFP [#18782] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Taipei, T'ai-pei 10617, Taiwan [map ] Subject Areas: Clinical Psychology Psy...
Ph D Candidate In Molecular Neurobiology And Electrophysiology (0.8 1.0 Fte), Radboud University, Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE Gross monthly salary: € 2,395 - € 3,061 Faculty of Science Required background: Research University Degree Application deadline: 6 July 2021 We are looking for In spite o...
Ph D Candidate At The Donders Centre For Cognition: Visual Cortical Implants With Artificial Intelligence (1.0 Fte), Radboud University, Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
Employment: 1.0 FTE Gross monthly salary: € 2,395 - € 3,061 Faculty of Social Sciences Required background: Research University Degree Application deadline: 20 June 2021 We are looking for We are ...
Student Counsellor, Central Queensland University, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Student Counsellor Apply now » Date: 17-Jun-2021 Job Location: Rockhampton, QLD, AU Company: Central Queensland University About this Opportunity Continuing, Full-Time Students Directorate CQUnive...
Ph D Candidate At The School For Mental Health And Neuroscience / Departments Intensive Care And Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Maastricht University, Netherlands, about 1 hour ago
PhD-candidate at the School for Mental Health and Neuroscience / Departments Intensive Care and Radiology & Nuclear Medicine PhD-candidate at the School for Mental Health and Neuroscience / Depart...